You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Re: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE wanted me to be a part of GNR Reunion

I am going to be an asshole here.

This guy was the worst thing to ever happen to Guns N' Roses.

He was and is a fucking poser.

Did not bring anything to the table.

If I wanted to listen to shitty Motley Crue or a shittier Motley Crue Rip Off known as Sixx AM I would. But, I hate that band.

I was never big in Slash's camp, but, like come on top hat without Slash? Just bad optics.

So good riddance.

Looks like dude is just trying to make headlines.

Also, learn to shut your mouth. If he had any integrity and it was true he wouldn't blab about it. He would just shut his fucking mouth.

I think this is bullshit.

Do you ever see Robin Finck or Buckethead ever ramble on about Guns N' Roses? No. Because they are unique, talented, not attention starved fucks and here's a big one, they've got fucking INTEGRITY.

Fuck this clown.

FUCK!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The reunion was almost ruined. They dodged a bullet here.

I'm with Atari....that lineup abomination never gets out of rehearsals. It would have been awkward for them to have to ditch Ashba after agreeing to include him. Dropping Pitman got very little press but doing that with Ashba would have been a different story.

There's no reason to doubt DJ on this. GNR could easily say its a lie. We also know Axl initially wanted three guitarists and fans started speculating this third guitarist would have been Kushner. Its now obvious it would have been Ashba.

I cant stand Ashba and I thank him for turning it down. I do have some respect for him to know to get out of the way. He's a genuine GNR fan and knew he was not needed in this situation.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

DJ is full of shit. He was never going to be paired with Slash. Orianthi was DJs idea, he brought her to the band. DJ got the deal with Nikki, when plans were set with GNR in 2016, and despite swearing he'd never go back to SAM, he let the band know he was splitting, the Orianthi deal fell through. In the end, we won out and it was the best thing that could happen.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

DJ fucked over Axl.

He lied about SAM to Axl. There's a lot of bad blood there. You really think Axl invited him to be part of the band?

He's been in Sixx:Am since 2007 - the ENTIRE time he's been in GNR. He also put out 3 albums and 3 Eps with them - that Six releases where he was able to co-manage GNR and Sixx:Am commitments.

We know Nikki has finished up with Motley now - but even so there's only so active Sixx:Am can be without flooding the market - they still have to follow tour cycles. I really see no reason why he couldn't continue to pull double duty.

That he found out about the reunion and had the common sense not to mimic slash while standing next to slash makes a lot more sense than Axl suddenly getting upset about DJ's 9 year old side project.

Do I think Axl might have considered DJ and Slash together sharing lead? Sure. He has a history of similar decisions - like moving Robin as a lead player not a rhythm player, like having bucket let robin do solos, like hiring DJ when you have bumblefoot in your band to solo. Integrity of the guitar parts, and the desire to have a single star lead guitarist do not seem to have been part of the the nu-gnr plan.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

ID, Ron said he knew of Slash coming back in 2014. Same with Tommy.  Do you really think Slash is back only because DJ left?

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

ID, Ron said he knew of Slash coming back in 2014. Same with Tommy.  Do you really think Slash is back only because DJ left?

14? Really... Ron knew? I don't buy that for a second.

misterID

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

DJ fucked over Axl.

He lied about SAM to Axl. There's a lot of bad blood there. You really think Axl invited him to be part of the band?

He's been in Sixx:Am since 2007 - the ENTIRE time he's been in GNR. He also put out 3 albums and 3 Eps with them - that Six releases where he was able to co-manage GNR and Sixx:Am commitments.

We know Nikki has finished up with Motley now - but even so there's only so active Sixx:Am can be without flooding the market - they still have to follow tour cycles. I really see no reason why he couldn't continue to pull double duty.

That he found out about the reunion and had the common sense not to mimic slash while standing next to slash makes a lot more sense than Axl suddenly getting upset about DJ's 9 year old side project.

Do I think Axl might have considered DJ and Slash together sharing lead? Sure. He has a history of similar decisions - like moving Robin as a lead player not a rhythm player, like having bucket let robin do solos, like hiring DJ when you have bumblefoot in your band to solo. Integrity of the guitar parts, and the desire to have a single star lead guitarist do not seem to have been part of the the nu-gnr plan.

That's not true, monkey. He was not in Six AM when he was in GNR. that was one of the issues about him joining. That was a big issue. He was not in that band at the same time.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's not true, monkey. He was not in Six AM when he was in GNR. that was one of the issues about him joining. That was a big issue. He was not in that band at the same time.

Are we misunderstanding each other?

Dj is the guitarist on Sixx:Am's 2011 album "This Is Gonna Hurt".

He has been the guitarist of Sixx:Am from 2007-current day, and he was in GNR from 2009-2015.

misterID

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Are we misunderstanding each other?

Dj is the guitarist on Sixx:Am's 2011 album "This Is Gonna Hurt".

He has been the guitarist of Sixx:Am from 2007-current day, and he was in GNR from 2009-2015.

As far as I understand, he was not going to be a member of Sixx AM, stuff was already recorded and there was going to be no touring with the band. He then quit GNR to rejoin Sixx AM.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Sixx AM never broke up. I don't even know a song from them but I know they never broke up. I always hoped he'd just stay with them.

What's so hard to believe about Ron and Tommy smelling the second hand Marlboro smoke in the air when they "left it in Vegas"?

Board footer