You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Terrorist Attack @ Pulse in Orlando

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

So I guess Hillary can't buy a gun either.

One was interviewed over wanting to commit jihad, the other over an email.

Not over an email.  Nice try.  A case could be made that more people are in danger because of her than the 100 or so involved in this incident.  For the record, I'm all for limiting legal access of guns to people like that; I'm also realistic enough to know that he would have gotten a gun no matter what and nothing would have been different.

Email, as in email server. Colin Powell and Rice actually sent classified information through their private emails more than she did, yet they aren't retroactively being sued by a conservative group who are pushing the issue. She never sent anything classified, but it was labeled classified only afterwards. What exactly did she email that was potentially worse than this mass shooting?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I view this as an attack on America and not an attack on gays even though it happened at a gay bar.  I look at them as Americans first.  Saw this gay flag thing on the facebook profile gets a small eye roll from me because this is much bigger than an anti gay crime.  This is an attack on America.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It was just as much a hate crime as terror attack. He chose them for a reason.

Was almost worse...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m … story.html

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

This guy should not have had access to buying a weapon. Anyone on a terror watch list should not be able to buy a weapon. Or anyone who is placed on a list by hospitals, doctors and families with mental disorders. Anyone convicted of a violent crime. Or a chicken shit woman abuser or pedophile. And I'm a gun owner.

Obama just talked about this last week with a gun shop owner in a town hall setting. They (the government) have their eyes on terrorist sympathizers, but despite this these assholes are still able to get their hands on high powered weapons with ease.

I think that's what we're seeing here, just like in San Bernardino. They see a weakness to exploit and use it to their advantage. Any asshole in this country can get a weapon that can kill dozens in a matter of moments.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

I was born in Ft. Pierce and raised around there. So sad. Let's leave the conservative bullshit, irrational Obama hate out of it.

There are a few immediate ironies that come to mind. The first is that we should anticipate the liberals will make this political immediately ( Hello? Are you reading your own posts?) Second is that we should be upset at any perceived semantics by the press, while keeping close tabs on how Obama speaks in regards to this event and attack him immediately if he doesn't use words we deem appropriate. And finally that we're all Americans, unless these Americans want to get married, serve in the military or raise kids.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

It was just as much a hate crime as terror attack. He chose them for a reason.

Was almost worse...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m … story.html

I just read this. Another screwball with easy access to an arsenal of weapons. Thank Gawd they caught this asshole. He was clearly planning on mass carnage at the parade.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The 2 brothers in Boston did not have Assult rifles and were able to kill 3 and hurt 300. Should we ban pressure cookers??

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

She never sent anything classified, but it was labeled classified only afterwards. What exactly did she email that was potentially worse than this mass shooting?

Hard to answer since none of us (including you) know exactly what she did. Regardless of whether it was classified at the time, she should know there's potentially classified information there. But this isn't about that; this is about a guy that was going to kill a lot of people regardless of whether he could buy a gun legally or not.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

This took place 4 miles from where that singer that was on the voice died.

Both gunmen are dead, so there's little to be learned from them on a possible connection. The events took place about 30hrs apart and were deceptively close to one another, which does raise questions on whether one was inspired by the other, if not more.

The authorities have already denied any connection, which is fair play on their part. Admitting that Orlando became open-season for separate premeditated strikes over a single weekend would make matters even worse than they already are.

Whether or not there was a connection between the gunmen, the local community suffered a major blow all the same. Condolences go out to the friends and families of the victims. It's hard to imagine what the atmosphere must be like there right now.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

buzzsaw wrote:

She never sent anything classified, but it was labeled classified only afterwards. What exactly did she email that was potentially worse than this mass shooting?

Hard to answer since none of us (including you) know exactly what she did. Regardless of whether it was classified at the time, she should know there's potentially classified information there. But this isn't about that; this is about a guy that was going to kill a lot of people regardless of whether he could buy a gun legally or not.

That's not how classification works. There's not some suit who looks at information and then decides its classification.  If information originates from a secret or top secret system/contact, it is de facto classified at that level. Additionally, adding numerous details from an unclassified source can make something classified. I can tell you I'm deploying to Afganistan, and be ok. But if I tell you when and where I'm going to Afghanistan, I just made that email classified.

This is level 101 shit everyone in the government has to learn before they can even apply for a clearance. To claim that Clinton was unaware of this is akin to arguing Obama was unaware he was in charge of the military when he assumed the military. It's everyday common knowledge for those involved with it.

So the claim that "it didn't have classified markings at the time" is meaningless. It's a diversion tactic that has no relevance to the discussion and was only introduced because most people are completely ignorant as to how classified information is handled.

Board footer