You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 16/7/16 ROGERS CENTRE, TORONTO, ON CANADA

johndivney wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I still maintain Bucket and Slash are way more alike than most people want to admit for some reason. They can both sound like each other at will, it seems.

It's the soul of the men. They're a conduit, tapped into a shared subconscious able to communicate thru their playing n tone things we mortals can't communicate. They prob can communicate it either without an axe in their hand.

& yea I love that Sorry solo too. Not as much as twat mind. But it's one of the great bluesy, soulful moments in the guns catalogue, and definitely a true connection to Slash.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: 16/7/16 ROGERS CENTRE, TORONTO, ON CANADA

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Sorry has always been my favorite Bucket solo on CD, yes, even more than TWAT. Slash's is great as well, just different. I like some of the stuff Bucket did with the solo and some of Slash's take. Wish we could combine the two.

I still maintain Bucket and Slash are way more alike than most people want to admit for some reason. They can both sound like each other at will, it seems.

Yeah Slash has definitely improved since his junkie days of the 80s-90s. Some of the songs SG and others have posted over the months of Slash solo material are quite impressive and do sound reminiscent of Bucket.

killingvector wrote:

I really wish Axl had let Bucket loose a bit more and stripped away the shredding/noodling solos that plagued Chinese, Better, and Shackler's.

Yeah Bucket was squandered during the Chinese sessions. Said it before but I really don't think Axl understood at the time the magnitude of what talent he had in the lineup. Not a dig against Finck, Fortus, and Huge, but Bucket could have easily been the sole guitarist in the studio and used the rest of the guitarists for touring.

I also still have difficulties coming to terms with the fact he had two members of Praxis in GNR for four years and they only recorded about two and a half albums worth of material, some of which dated back to before they joined.

I sincerely hope he doesn't blow the opportunity with this line up he did with the 02 one.

That would be an even bigger musical tragedy than what happened with the 02 lineup.

Shocked that Sorry was performed here. We figured it would after being sound checked but didn't expect it so soon. They did a killer job on it.

Its great to see you back redarmy! 5

Board footer