You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Orlando 7/29/2016

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Cool review Axlin16. Glad you enjoyed it as well.

LALD perplexes me too.  I was never too big on either that or KOHD, but man, the crowd jumped up when it was played almost as much as they did on the opening riff of SCOM.

They are sing along songs so fans can participate. But nobody would notice if they weren't played. KOHD would be missed more than LALD.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

You guys are crazy if you don't think GNR fans don't want to hear KOHD at a Guns show. Crazy, crazy, crazy.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

KOHD and LALD are never going away. tejas posted the Itunes chart a couple months ago and both tracks are in the top 20 GNR songs. They're here to stay.

That was an excellent review. Want to focus on a specific part of it that you nailed....

Before the actual tour started, we all wondered how the public/media would respond to no Izzy or Adler/Sorum. We now have the answer.....

Nobody gives a shit. Yeah I give a shit....Will gives a shit.....pacu gives a shit....SG gives a shit.....some others.....but guess what? Put us all in one room and we'd half fill a pizza parlor. This aint a pizza parlor tour.

Yeah Adler got a great crowd pop at his shows......Izzy would if he showed up to do DNB/14 Years.....but other than that....it doesn't matter. Its like Kiss in the 21st century. Grab two guys and the world either thinks its Peter and Ace or simply doesn't give a fuck.....its KISS. Some people probably think Fortus is Izzy and who's watching the drums when you have Axl, Slash, and Duff onstage?

The only thing that matters is the show.....and it has delivered. Haters basically need to dig to China looking for negative reviews to post. It wouldn't matter anyways. Most of the people going to these shows aren't forum dwellers. Even though they are performing CD tracks and may release some more in the future, its as if 97-14 never happened. No one is screaming for Bucket...no one is screaming for Tommy....no one is screaming for Finck.....no one is screaming for Ashba....why should they?

No one is sitting in a Chinese stew to view Axl's disinfatuation.

The boys are back.....Axl is back. For real this time.

If you want to see how the public is reacting to the tour.....social media. Twitter feeds are going ape shit. You have to go to a forum to find someone complaining about it. During the CD years it was the exact opposite...had to flock to forums to find someone who cared.

James

James wrote:

One other thing.....you mentioned the lack of youth at the show.

While they're having no problems on this tour, if you want the youth, you need a single. Its all about the hot single now. I imagine they can pull in a certain amount of youth just on how epic the event is overall but other than that......you need to be on the charts.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

One other thing.....you mentioned the lack of youth at the show.

While they're having no problems on this tour, if you want the youth, you need a single. Its all about the hot single now. I imagine they can pull in a certain amount of youth just on how epic the event is overall but other than that......you need to be on the charts.

Fuck the Millenials. This is for the true fans. Haha. This is for everyone that waited since 1993. If young folks come, great, but they don't "get it" for the most part outside the forums.

James

James wrote:

Oh I agree this shindig is meant for the old school fans as there are literally millions of them but I'm just saying why teens aren't flocking to these shows in droves.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

It does feel like Slash has nailed his version of the TIL solo now. The previous ones felt like he was jamming, finding his way around it and just noodling; this version feels like it has a narrative, it builds to something, it has peaks and troughs. They should get this version down on tape in the studio.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

It does feel like Slash has nailed his version of the TIL solo now. The previous ones felt like he was jamming, finding his way around it and just noodling; this version feels like it has a narrative, it builds to something, it has peaks and troughs. They should get this version down on tape in the studio.

Indeed and put the high vocals from the Brain re-mix on it!

Although wasn't there a rumour Slash and Duff were doing some GNR recording back when the first shows were announced? Might be too late.

James

James wrote:

Too late to nail down some fresh takes on 16 year old tracks and in the case of TIL, 24 years old?

Now you're being silly... tongue

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Too late to nail down some fresh takes on 16 year old tracks and in the case of TIL, 24 years old?

Now you're being silly... tongue

Slash doesn't tend to revisit things very often though. Only example I can think of is his re-record of PC on the solo album.

But often he does a basic solo - say Anastasia - and then that's made awesome during the live tour - he amends it as it goes - and it ends up better. Another example is Dr Alibi that got better during the tour.

Anyway what I mean is that if Slash put down a solo in January, and then now he's playing a better solo, will either he or the people around him notice that it needs redoing? Or will they just go with the existing slash-redo from january? How many times would slash and duff re-do Chinese Dem is my point....hopefully they do after this tour when they're practised at the material - but if they've already done it - then it might be too late in the sense they won't bother.

Board footer