You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: New Orleans Superdome

Smoking Guns wrote:

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1YqKDbRzbqkJV

Periscope to the show!  I think I just heard the best TIL solo yet!  Slash is a freak.  Civil War is on now!!

I agree Andy, the power of being there can not be picked up by YouTube.  I just cannot.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

More than half the time I watch a persiscope, they've already played DTJ.....which is one of my favorites of this tour.

chad4bama
 Rep: 2 

chad4bama wrote:

No surprises unfortunately, but still a great show.  Was expecting Patience in the encore since Orlando had Don't Cry...but they did DC again...which sounded great, but still kinda wish Patience was in the set somewhere.  Would be nice if Axl interacted with the crowd more verbally...but hey, splitting hairs.  I thought he sounded solid all night...thought November Rain probably came off the weakest vocally though.

Especially liked that CRIMSON colored shirt he wore for the encore lol.

If they dropped Better and replaced it with Locomotive and replaced The Seeker with Patience in the encore it would be the perfect set list. And maybe rotate tracks from UYI in the deep track spot DTJ occupies.

Skipped the Cult...heard they were solid, but just had no interest...would have preferred a different opening act.

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:

That was an off-deep orange.  Get some glasses, bammer.  Lol

James

James wrote:

Glad you had a great time. Technically there can never be a perfect set list. The discog is just too strong. IMO it could never be truly perfect without The Garden and if going out on an Izzy limb...Dust N Bones is a must.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I always preferred 14 Years, myself. Which just goes to show you can't please all of the people, all of the time...

James

James wrote:

Yeah music is definitely subjective. While I do find DNB superior, on the album versions his vocals are a bit too sterile on DNB....lacks the impact it does live. Listen to the LIve Era version and then UYI....like night and day.

HE seems to prefer 14 Years as well....or Axl does. 14 Years was performed in the CD era yet DNB has not. On the Very Best of(2006) track list, 14 Years is on there.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Hell, I'd want Breakdown over a lot of what they currently play. Just shows you ...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Hell, I'd want Breakdown over a lot of what they currently play. Just shows you ...

Love that song! That'd definitely be played at my dream concert. In s stadium of 50k though, me and about 1000 others would be the only ones to get excited once Axl started to whistle the beginning of the song. And a portion of those might think it's Patience on top of that.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Love that song! That'd definitely be played at my dream concert. In s stadium of 50k though, me and about 1000 others would be the only ones to get excited once Axl started to whistle the beginning of the song. And a portion of those might think it's Patience on top of that.

Count me in that select 1000. IMO some of the deepest lyrics in the discography. Love that song.

Board footer