You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

I've noticed over my years that the polls, the non intentionally leaning ones, are as a whole typically very accurate.  So that, come early November the polls stats, are probably going to be the results.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

http://projects.rrpromortyeight.com/201 … id=rrpromo

This is the only polling I take serious. Their info and predictions are uncanny.

Link doesn't work for me

Sorry about that, got fugged up. Here:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/201 … -forecast/

What's funny is the graph below it and how close it was in Aug. Now, as long as I've been following 538, elections get really close about three months to the election, but after that, in around the end of Sept., that's always when it starts to break where people stop messing around and start getting serious about who they're really voting for. I find it really difficult to believe that Tump's debate performance or Miss Universe comments really had that much of a devastating impact. Trump supporters, the real hardcore ones, have shown he can say anything and it won't be held against him. I think we're getting to that "come to Jesus" moment in elections where people are really taking a hard look at the candidates.

Hillary is THE most awkward speaker I've ever witnessed. She is so stiff that it's hard to watch, it's hard to be won over by her. I was being serious when I compared her to Nixon in that way. She is so much better when she's pissed. She was a boss at those hearings when she went toe to toe with republicans and wasn't working off a TelePrompter. Watch her ad where it shows her from the start of her political career to today, giving the same speech about children. She was SOOO much better when she was raw and green. So much more personable and accessible. She's repeating the same lines but she is getting more and more guarded, more scripted, more strategic, more forced, more robotic, and more aware of herself. She was a far better speaker back then. Obama could win on his charisma, just like Bill. They seem genuine. Hillary and George H W Bush are so awkward in presentation they come across as inauthenticit and I front think that's the case.

But I don't think any of the Republican candidates would be doing better than Trump, tbh. Rubio is a minor leaguer who would have been swallowed whole, like how Trump did him. I think Cruz is more disliked than Trump and would have been crushed. Kasich just would not have survived, especially with his religious legislation tendencies and with women. He also would not have gathered the Palin republican crowd Trump has. Trump has a real energetic base, Kasich was barely a blip on the radar. I still think Sanders seriously hurt her campaign as well.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Does everyone here like Pence as a person?  Seems rock solid.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He is an evangelical nut and vehemently anti gay to the point of hysteria. Sure he's mild mannered like good ole Huckabee, but he also governs from the bible, which I find deeply unAmerican.

If you're cool with that, then you'll be fine with Pence.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You hate Cruz.

He's worse than Cruz. I grew up in indiana and live in Chicago. No one around here likes him. If Trump didn't pick him as VP, he wasn't going to win reelection.

So no. He's an ultra conservative on the verge of maniacal.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Didn't he pass a law that women who had abortions or miscarriages have funerals for the babies?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Didn't he pass a law that women who had abortions or miscarriages have funerals foir the babies?

What should they do? Throw the fetus in the trash? I may vomit. I never thought of what happens to the fetus. Holy shit.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You hate Cruz.

He's worse than Cruz. I grew up in indiana and live in Chicago. No one around here likes him. If Trump didn't pick him as VP, he wasn't going to win reelection.

I do hate Cruz, he is not likeable in any way. Seems like a con man. I don't like Cruz as a person. As a "person" (not a politician) he seems like a likeable person. I am not talking politically but like, "yes, he seems like a good dude, calm, sincere, polite, etc". My point is most people either HATE Hillary or Trump because they don't trust them and don't find them Likeable. Just like Kaine came off as rude and annoying.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Didn't he pass a law that women who had abortions or miscarriages have funerals foir the babies?

What should they do? Throw the fetus in the trash? I may vomit. I never thought of what happens to the fetus. Holy shit.

Yes, and the women would pay for the funeral.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You hate Cruz.

I do hate Cruz, he is not likeable in any way. Seems like a con man. I don't like Cruz as a person. As a "person" (not a politician) he seems like a likeable person. I am not talking politically but like, "yes, he seems like a good dude, calm, sincere, polite, etc". My point is most people either HATE Hillary or Trump because they don't trust them and don't find them Likeable. Just like Kaine came off as rude and annoying.

He doesn't seem likable to me. Seems like a condescending prick.

George W., now i could sit and have a beer with him, maybe snort some coke, and we'd have a great time even though i didn't agree with some of his policies.

I can't see hanging with Trump or Hillary,
that'd be torture.

Board footer