You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Everyone saying she won the popular... last I looked it was VERY close and they still had not awarded states. Right now across the entire US she is up 200,000 votes. That is 2 tenths of one percent more than trump. That is so tiny i would still call that a virtual tie.

If that's the case then you say that about several states and split the EV...

You can't have it one way and not the other.

It is very simple. She ran up the score in one or 2 states. Should a pres be elected due to group think in one region, i.e. California?  If that is the case they would just campaign in New York and California. But 200,000 out of 330,000,000 is small and they are still not done counting votes.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't love the electoral vote.... it sucks if you win by 1 vote in some states and don't get any electoral votes.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Down reaches all time high. 

I think I'll pass on panicking still.  The fear mongering has been disgusting. LBQT people aren't going to lose all their rights. The good parts of obamacare like preexisting isn't going away. The economy isn't going to crumble. I seriously can't believe people are this stupid.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think I'll pass on panicking still.  The fear mongering has been disgusting. LBQT people aren't going to lose all their rights. The good parts of obamacare like preexisting isn't going away. The economy isn't going to crumble. I seriously can't believe people are this stupid.

Great post. I hope Mitch can survive a Trump pres.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Great post. I hope Mitch can survive a Trump pres.

I haven't been fear mongering - how have I been fear mongering?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Everyone saying she won the popular... last I looked it was VERY close and they still had not awarded states. Right now across the entire US she is up 200,000 votes. That is 2 tenths of one percent more than trump. That is so tiny i would still call that a virtual tie.

If that's the case then you say that about several states and split the EV...

You can't have it one way and not the other.

Make the EVs proportional per state.  That way you protect the rest of the country from a dozen or so counties where half the country lives, while making everyone's vote count so Democrats can get EVs from Texas and Republicans can get EVs from California.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Are you serious about this??  The Dow fucking DOUBLED with Obama, and split nearly in HALF under our previous Republican President.  Yesterday it goes up a modest 250 or whatever and I read "Down reaches all time high."  As if Trump was helpful to it and validates our reasoning for electing him??  You didn't even spell "D-O-W" correctly?!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Are you serious about this??  The Dow fucking DOUBLED with Obama, and split nearly in HALF under our previous Republican President.  Yesterday it goes up a modest 250 or whatever and I read "Down reaches all time high."  As if Trump was helpful to it and validates our reasoning for electing him??  You didn't even spell "D-O-W" correctly?!

Thank my phone for the spelling.  May your phone be better than mine.

Fuck yes I'm serious.  The Dow was indeed at an all time high despite repeated warnings of how the economy was going to immediately crumble after Trump won.  The point was all this fear mongering that people are doing is a bunch of bullshit.  The world isn't going to end.  Gays aren't going to be shot randomly on the street.  Women don't need to expose their pussies for the grabbing on command.  It's all a bunch of bullshit used to keep the weak minded in check.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Under Obama...

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Fuck yes I'm serious.  The Dow was indeed at an all time high despite repeated warnings of how the economy was going to immediately crumble after Trump won.  The point was all this fear mongering that people are doing is a bunch of bullshit.  The world isn't going to end.  Gays aren't going to be shot randomly on the street.  Women don't need to expose their pussies for the grabbing on command.  It's all a bunch of bullshit used to keep the weak minded in check.

The DOW popped up a couple hundred after people bought back in. But it was already at all time highs well before this. Something you said was irrelevant to the sitting POTUS (but now you seem to attribute to Trump before he's even sworn in.) The futures the night before most certainly crashed on the prospect of a Trump presidency. Wall Street has voiced its concerns over Trump in the weeks preceding the election as well, quite a few times. You may choose to ignore this, or be hyperbolic about it, but it's still true.

Americans have legitimate concerns about a know-nothing erratic narcissist with zero public service or governing experience who was endorsed solely by the KKK. People who aren't too bright champion this man, pound their chests and love the tough guy talk. They think it's some sort of game. It's not. You may caricaturize these concerns and blow it off, but it doesn't take away from the reality of true destruction this idiot can do.

Board footer