You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: US Politics Thread

James wrote:

Great debate going there. I wouldn't mind seeing some answers to Flagg's questions about #BLM. I'm amazed that anyone can support that.

misterID wrote:

We have a system where millions of votes don't count. I live in TN, my vote for Hillary and Obama was meaningless. Is that fair? Had it been by popular vote my vote would've mattered. It's the reason more people don't vote. If you live in a predominantly red or blue state, why bother? I'm seriously thinking of going back to Florida where my vote will matter.

slcpunk wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Their was a story awhile back that Axl's hated Trump for years so it shouldn't be a surprise and apart from that he's suggested he leaned democrat a few times over the years.

Axl said he would vote Obama in the last election. Although he also said he rarely votes since California is a sea of blue.

Yeah the "sea of blue" is what makes Cali residents realize its a wasted vote. Even some dems feel this way....like "why bother voting, my candidate is going to win anyways."

I mainly just focus on the propositions and state elections. I voted for Ric Flair as a protest vote. If I lived in a battleground state I never would've done that.

In hindsight I wish I had thrown Johnson a vote since they were looking for the fed matching funds.

He was a DNC plant. Shouldn't come as a surprise when it's already out there that Hillary paid people to instigate violence at Trump rallies.

It also shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who read any of those emails. Its why the dems wanted people focusing on Putin/Russia. They didn't want their base reading any of that stuff.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't think anyone here supports BLM. We've all criticized them, I believe.

I'd love to get a look at Trump and Republican emails.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Did you ever consider that BLM may be misleading?  When did you align yourself with their beliefs?  What research have you done to support their claims?  Is it possible that they're misleading and inaccurate in what they say?  What does BLM mean to you?  Why are 4% of deaths worth 100% of national attention, but any discussion of the other 96% is met with racism.  Talk about seeing the trees through the forest.  You're focused on 4 fucking trees and ignoring the other 96.

You asked for links about why I think Bannon holds racist beliefs. The tone and attitude of the links are some examples of why I got there. I'm not talking about the content of the links. It's called nuance. The facts presented may be accurate or inaccurate, I haven't checked. The tone of the material, the reason they are written, the thinking behind them, the language used are what lead me to my opinions, not what they reported.

If I wrote a story about why GNR is irrelevant and posted it to a Motley Crue website and provided some stats supporting my claims. The facts might be accurate, but why did I write that story? Why did I say Axl is a wife-beater in said article? Why did I write that article when the GNR reunion is in full swing and folks are onboard? There's more than meets the eye.

If he doesn't think there is anything wrong with it then it's pretty clear why...

And that's why Trump won. You can't even link a single racist comment from Bannon, and call me a racist because I don't condone calling someone racist with qualification.

I've had numerous articles published in a variety of outlets. That makes me as credible as a reporter for Mother Jones. Mister ID and BigBri on GNREvolution are racists. You heard it here first folks. Please refer to this post as evidence if they ever try to deny it.

No, I can't cite a single example of anything racist they've said or done. But if you look at their thousands of posts, you can infer and read between the lines. After all, they both voted for white christians in the election. If that's not evidence they believe in white superiority, I don't know what is.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

You asked for links about why I think Bannon holds racist beliefs. The tone and attitude of the links are some examples of why I got there. I'm not talking about the content of the links. It's called nuance. The facts presented may be accurate or inaccurate, I haven't checked. The tone of the material, the reason they are written, the thinking behind them, the language used are what lead me to my opinions, not what they reported.

If I wrote a story about why GNR is irrelevant and posted it to a Motley Crue website and provided some stats supporting my claims. The facts might be accurate, but why did I write that story? Why did I say Axl is a wife-beater in said article? Why did I write that article when the GNR reunion is in full swing and folks are onboard? There's more than meets the eye.

If he doesn't think there is anything wrong with it then it's pretty clear why...

And that's why Trump won. You can't even link a single racist comment from Bannon, and call me a racist because I don't condone calling someone racist with qualification.

I've had numerous articles published in a variety of outlets. That makes me as credible as a reporter for Mother Jones. Mister ID and BigBri on GNREvolution are racists. You heard it here first folks. Please refer to this post as evidence if they ever try to deny it.

No, I can't cite a single example of anything racist they've said or done. But if you look at their thousands of posts, you can infer and read between the lines. After all, they both voted for white christians in the election. If that's not evidence they believe in white superiority, I don't know what is.

I did, you refused to believe it. We can't use his wife who said he hates Jews. Nor his co workers. Nor reporters who he talked directly to. Or the direction he took his publication, the people he hired, the articles he approved and cultivated. Or the White Nationalists he met with. We can't use any of that. Everything has to be on the nose and on tape.

Yes, you seem to have a lot in common, obviously. So if you don't think he's a racist bigot, than neither are you.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't think anyone here supports BLM. We've all criticized them, I believe.

I wasn't accusing anyone of marching in BLM protests. I do notice those who are quick to bring up racism usually ignore any mention of BLM. That would be like bringing up the end of the Cold War but forgetting to mention Reagan. 13

I'd love to get a look at Trump and Republican emails.

So would I. I'd like to know how genuine his run really was and at what point he may have started taking it seriously.

James

James wrote:

Don't start accusing members here of being racists just because they're asking for info on specific people. We've been down this road before.

James

James wrote:

I'm gonna go on a trip for a couple days but I think I'll read up on a couple of these polarizing figures being discussed while I'm gone. I don't really like using my cell phone to surf the net and I hate posting on forums with one.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

James Lofton wrote:

I'm gonna go on a trip for a couple days but I think I'll read up on a couple of these polarizing figures being discussed while I'm gone. I don't really like using my cell phone to surf the net and I hate posting on forums with one.

Shit, 90% of my posts are done on my phone.

James

James wrote:

I think Bri and maybe neemo mainly post from their phone as well. I cant hardly do it. That little keyboard gets on my nerves and I also have trouble reading the posts. If I use the net on my phone, its mainly to check news apps or youtube and listen to music that's not already on my phone.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yea...I don't even own a computer right now...I post from either my phone or tablet.. whatever is closer

Board footer