You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm staying out of the discussion, but it is curious how focused some of you are on racism.  Carry on with whatever pseudo-intellectual bs you want to keep spewing. 

Yes, indeed I am the problem here...

You should stay out of it, since you don't offer anything substantial at all.

You're the most insecure drip I've met online in ages...just miserable.

The difference between people who really are smart and you, is that they don't spend all day telling everybody how smart they are.

There's no way to add anything to the already unsubstantial shit you keep posting as though you know something.  You don't know jack shit, and you know I know you don't know jack shit which is why you are always attacking me instead of anything I post.  I can't respond to the inaccuracies you post because everything is the opinion of some dumb fucking liberal.  There's a reason nobody takes you seriously.  You're a fucking clown that acts like a know it all, then has the nerve to get pissed when you're called on it. 

Have an original thought.  Just one.  I challenge you.  You cry about people parroting talking points...do you read the shit you post?  You and ID are absolutely, positively the least intelligent people to ever attempt to discuss politics.  Fear mongering.  Quoting liberal media as fact.  Crying about what happened.  You guys are the most fucking pathetic people out there, and then you have the nerve to attack me because I won't put up with your bullshit?  Fuck you. 

Every single thing I post is my own thought.  I don't read all the sites you keep accusing people of quoting.  I don't watch fox news.  I see what happens and form my own opinions based on that.  You should try it some day.  For once, you might be right about something political.  Until then, you just make yourselves look like the dumb motherfuckers I've been calling you for months because quite frankly that's what you are.  You are the prototypical liberal fuckhead that accuses people of racism for having the nerve to tell you how fucking stupid you are. 

There are far too many differences between you and smart people to even begin to list them.  I haven't said a fucking word about how smart I am in a while either, so you got that wrong too.  As usual, you got nothing right.  Congratulations.  Maybe it's time you step away because clearly my stepping away changed nothing you ignorant cunt.

Suck on that for a bit.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

There's no way to add anything to the already unsubstantial shit you keep posting as though you know something.  You don't know jack shit, and you know I know you don't know jack shit which is why you are always attacking me instead of anything I post.  I can't respond to the inaccuracies you post because everything is the opinion of some dumb fucking liberal.  There's a reason nobody takes you seriously.  You're a fucking clown that acts like a know it all, then has the nerve to get pissed when you're called on it. 

Have an original thought.  Just one.  I challenge you.  You cry about people parroting talking points...do you read the shit you post?  You and ID are absolutely, positively the least intelligent people to ever attempt to discuss politics.  Fear mongering.  Quoting liberal media as fact.  Crying about what happened.  You guys are the most fucking pathetic people out there, and then you have the nerve to attack me because I won't put up with your bullshit?  Fuck you. 

Every single thing I post is my own thought.  I don't read all the sites you keep accusing people of quoting.  I don't watch fox news.  I see what happens and form my own opinions based on that.  You should try it some day.  For once, you might be right about something political.  Until then, you just make yourselves look like the dumb motherfuckers I've been calling you for months because quite frankly that's what you are.  You are the prototypical liberal fuckhead that accuses people of racism for having the nerve to tell you how fucking stupid you are. 

There are far too many differences between you and smart people to even begin to list them.  I haven't said a fucking word about how smart I am in a while either, so you got that wrong too.  As usual, you got nothing right.  Congratulations.  Maybe it's time you step away because clearly my stepping away changed nothing you ignorant cunt.

Suck on that for a bit.

I've seen perhaps one or two insightfully reasoned posts amongst the avalanche of absolute pointless tripe you've posted in this thread. Your typical MO seems to be to just assert your position as boldly and arrogantly as possible, throwing in as much insults as you can muster for good measure. You shouldn't be surprised that people like me have started just glossing over your posts, or that those who still think there's something to be gained from engaging with you are very vocally dismissive of what you write. It's just way too much work to sift through the shitload of unsubstantiated crap you post to find those few nuggets of gold that actually do show that you're a pretty intelligent guy. Do yourself a favor, realize that no one thinks you're opinion has any merrit just 'cause you've shouted it at the top of your lungs. If you don't feel like arguing your position, just don't post. Perhaps then, when you do say something, we can all start off with the assumption that it's going to be worth reading instead of dismissing it out of hand.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

You're implying I give a shit if people read my posts or not.  I don't.  Quite frankly there are so few people here capable of having an intelligent discussion on politics that this whole thread is nothing but fodder from everybody with rare exceptions.  This is what they call entertainment and nothing more.  There are no serious discussions taking place.  There's a a lot of fear mongering and accusations of racism, sexism, or some other -ism, but no serious discussions outside of maybe the tranny one which appears dead.  That's the God's honest truth about this.  It's an entertainment thread and nothing more.  There's value in that, but don't sit here an pretend you guys are solving anything or even discussing anything of value.  You're not.  You're just providing entertainment pretending to have some idea what you're talking about and dismissing anyone who disagrees.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

^^ This is going to be ugly/hysterical.

Anyone think they promoted Christie just to fire and humiliate him?

Christie was already demoted to Beta male during the primary and caught a lot of shit for teaming up with Trump if you recall. To be relieved of his (short lived) duty already must be a little humiliating.

Trumps son in law is his closest advisor, another reason there's a stink he's trying get him security clearance. Christie prosecuted his father, very publicly. He sent him to jail and had a press conference to totally humiliate him. Looks like pure retribution.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/15/politics/ … tion-team/

Good point. He's also Jewish, as is Ivanka (She converted) and an extreme liberal & Democratic contributor. I can't imagine the Bannon hiring has gone over well with them either.  This entire thing could become a clusterf#ck. The massive silence is peculiar.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Well, all of this is according to the msm. You know, those honest and incorruptible people we've seen in action these past months.

I don't know, but when Trump says personally that the security story is not true, I'm more inclined to believe him. And that's coming from a guy who admits Trump can be liberal with the truth.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Two things that concern me...

Gerrymandering and voter suppression. Laws...

I keep reading about government at the state level in states like Wisconsin and Michsgan - Democrats receive more votes than republicans by a sig. margin but the state houses are filled with republicans.

How does this not bother anyone?

Something like 300,000 people were denied the right to vote in Wisconsin based on the new rules. Trump won the state by 30,000.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:

Something like 300,000 people were denied the right to vote in Wisconsin based on the new rules. Trump won the state by 30,000.

Have a source for this?  300k showed up to the polls and were denied? 300k people who weren't convicted felons and were U.S. citizens over the age of 18 were denied the ability to register to vote?

AtariLegend wrote:

Law was changed in 2014 for stricter voter ID laws. Milwaukee turnout supposedly dropped by 41K alone http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati … story.html

Here's a story on it pre-election. https://www.thenation.com/article/a-90- … er-id-law/

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Ok so....if you look deeper....the quote is slightly misleading and correlation doesn't mean causation....however here's what I have:

Essentially...prior to the election last week...300,000 REGISTERED voters in Wisconsin still had not obtained the proper voter ID. Bare in mind that while simultaneously requiring some of the most strict voter ID laws in the country, Scott (take credit for everything) Walker shut down an obscene number of DMVs....which are, I believe the best place to obtain a voter ID. I believe we can confirm easily that Trump won Wisconsin by about 30k. Let's bare in mind that the entire population of Wisconsin is about 5 million.

In addition, these voter IDs were supposed to be "free." There are some articles going back a year claiming that DMV employees were told not to share with people that voter IDs were "free."

The links I am sharing are to twitter feeds....which eventually lead back to, "The Nation" magazine. Pretty sure it's left leaning. But they have a guy born and raised in Wisconsin who has a pretty good reputation when it comes to this stuff....John Nichols. Who I have followed for many years.

http://www.snopes.com/300000-wisconsin- … r-id-laws/

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Here you have....if you scroll down far enough the distribution of Wisconsin state government representatives:

http://uselections.com/wi/wi.htm

Now....take a look at this....this just appears to be a basic breakdown of votes - not really an opinion

key paragraph:

For instance, Republicans received 49 percent of the 2.9 million votes cast in Wisconsin’s congressional races, but won five out of eight, or 62.5 percent, of the seats, according to the Center’s analysis. The Center analyzed unofficial 2012 results reported by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and official 2010 results from the state Government Accountability Board

This is a 2012 article about state government: http://wisconsinwatch.org/2012/11/2012- … -analysis/

Board footer