You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

I'm perfectly fine with that as long as you do the same goddamn thing to everyone who voted for Obama.

At least the most idiotic Trump voter knew of a reason why they were voting for him. There were a ton of Obama voters who were asked to name one thing he was going to change and they couldn't name ONE thing....yet voted for him anyway.

Now THAT is truly a "fucking stupid" person right there who doesn't need to be anywhere near a voter registration card.

Where did this happen? I'm not aware of this...except to the extent that I'm sure there were plenty of housewives who voted for Romney and McCain because their husbands told them to. That's equally stupid.

Let's talk about those so called "reasons" to vote for Trump. They say shit like they think he's smart because only smart people have money. It asinine. These are the same people who perceive Hillary as a crook and Trump a hero for doing very similarly shady ass shit.

I call bull on the claim that people "know" why they voted for Trump.

I love all the "the jobs aren't coming back" stuff. It always depends on which side is claiming it. When it was Obama preaching it, they were coming back! Now they are not. In four to eight years, the people saying they aren't coming back will all of a sudden have a change of heart.

I never did...no politician should ever make that promise unless he wants to reduce taxes to 0 for the ultra rich.

Because honesty has no place in politics. Voters like you ensure that will continue. You've admitted you want the next four years to achieve nothing and just keep the partisan attacks rolling for four straight years so why on earth would you even ask for honesty?!?

I don't mean honesty as in, I'm here to fuck you over bc I'm a politican. I mean honesty in that...what Bernie says is truthful although not always eloquent. What he talks about are paths to success...I don't see Trump talking about that...he's talking about helping people who have already made it.

And I don't want to hear about trickledown economics...

I do agree with RF...he said something about trades jobs and degrees being in very high demand with few takers. I also agree that the purpose of a college education isn't necessarily to obtain a job. It's to hopefully learn how to critically think about the world and hopefully make better decisions and choices in life. The value of that surely is at least equal to a good job.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

The intelligence community now says Putin was behind the hacking of our general election. Of course with zero evidence to back his claims, Trump says it's preposterous that Russia did anything. "Could be anybody" he says.

So here we have a new president elect who admires Putin, the man who helped get him elected by via a massive hacking network and who alongside Iran/Assad have slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Syrians. Yet you guys are still pissed off about "safe spaces", which bathrooms transsexuals use and gush daily at how charismatic Trump appears to be.

Only some of the GOP seem concerned about any of this...I find this unconscionable.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I think most people are upset by the reality Russia was trying to influence our election.  But the disagreement is to what extent it impacted the election.  Most of Hillary's emails were already out long before the wikileaks stuff due to the FOIA requests related to Hillary's server.  The Podesta emails are certainly attributable to hackers, but it wasn't some grand hack like Sony or Target.  Podesta fell victim to a basic phishing scam.  This isn't on the level of a a government sponsored hack.  Don't forget that Powell's emails were leaked too and weren't a glowing recommendation of Trump.

What I think you want, is for Trump to decline the office and put Hillary in, pretending that all of the TRUTH revealed around her and the DNC was wiped from our citizens memory. 

I'm sure you have no problem with the Access Hollywood video being leaked and I remember you being okay with Carter's grandson leaking Romney's "47%" comments in 2012. 

None of this has anything to do with Hillary not stepping foot in Wisconsin or paying tribute to the Auto Industry in Michigan, who were obviously influenced by Trump's attacks on Ford and other manufacturing jobs.  He won by 36 electoral votes.  Michigan, Wisconsin or Pennsylvania alone didn't hand him the presidency.

Trump is officially going to be the victor Monday despite desperate pleas from Democrats who just weeks ago were bashing the undemocratic nature of the Electoral College.  Again, position and tolerance is based solely on how it affects the party and their chosen candidate.

Randall Flagg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na … 257ea9b0b5

Remember in the debates when Hillary swore there was no evidence her server was ever hacked?

My how the times have changed. If they're going to claim Russia hacked Hillary, shouldn't she be responsible since she elected to have a private server with shit security?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I think most people are upset by the reality Russia was trying to influence our election.  But the disagreement is to what extent it impacted the election.  Most of Hillary's emails were already out long before the wikileaks stuff due to the FOIA requests related to Hillary's server.  The Podesta emails are certainly attributable to hackers, but it wasn't some grand hack like Sony or Target.  Podesta fell victim to a basic phishing scam.  This isn't on the level of a a government sponsored hack.  Don't forget that Powell's emails were leaked too and weren't a glowing recommendation of Trump.

What I think you want, is for Trump to decline the office and put Hillary in, pretending that all of the TRUTH revealed around her and the DNC was wiped from our citizens memory. 

I'm sure you have no problem with the Access Hollywood video being leaked and I remember you being okay with Carter's grandson leaking Romney's "47%" comments in 2012. 

None of this has anything to do with Hillary not stepping foot in Wisconsin or paying tribute to the Auto Industry in Michigan, who were obviously influenced by Trump's attacks on Ford and other manufacturing jobs.  He won by 36 electoral votes.  Michigan, Wisconsin or Pennsylvania alone didn't hand him the presidency.

Trump is officially going to be the victor Monday despite desperate pleas from Democrats who just weeks ago were bashing the undemocratic nature of the Electoral College.  Again, position and tolerance is based solely on how it affects the party and their chosen candidate.

I, for one, just want Trump to show one moment of decorum. If he won because of Russia's influence...and now denies to our faces that it wasn't them...even after he encouraged Russian hacking in public...I just want this man to president and not always be in favor of anything that benefits him and disparage anyone who opposes.

He's putting together an extremely white cabinet. He's unapologetic about anything. He says one thing and does the exact opposite.

I don't like being fucked with like this....

Randall Flagg

Why does the skin color of his cabinet matter?  Holder was a terrible AG, but it had nothing to do with his skin color. Powell was a very competent Secretary of State, and it had nothing to do with his skin color.  I like Thomas and dislike Sotomayor. None of that has to do with their skin color.

Trump is appointing proven leaders to his most important positions.  The color of their skin isn't in the equation.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I've got too much work to do to get too in depth right now with all that I missed. I'll touch on it as best I can.

James, the "but if Obama did this you would have said" point is moot, because if Obama did half of what Trump has said/done they'd already be moving on impeachment hearings.  They wouldn't appoint a single one of these nominees if they were Obama's nominees. They'd appoint an independent investigation into Russia hacking the election. Everything they're not doing now. Don't want to hear about if it was Obama, thanks.

Fake news, as news that is not real. News that it is made up propaganda with the motive to inflict damage. Not stories twisted to fit a narative, but news that is NOT REAL. That's my line in the sand.

Hillary does not have ties with Putin. His hatred of her was that he couldn't bully her. He said women shouldn't be in office and should stay home. She mocked him as an infantile child and so he responded like an infantile child. If she has ties to Russia that would create conflict with the office of the president, investigate it!  I'm sure republicans would go after her full tilt boogey. They're not with Trump, outside a handful of republican senators demanding an investigation.

Obama voters actually saved the economy, so not idiots. Sawwy. smile

I did, and am, rooting for Trump to succeed. I don't want this country to turn into a dumpster fire. And when he does something stupid, I'm calling out his voters. His cabinet is shaping up to be a nightmare about everything I care about and everything he said he wouldn't do. If he fucks up the country I'm not blaming him but the dumb fucks who voted for him. Obama is leaving office with the country in much better shape than what he inherited. FACT.

Randall Flagg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Pal … prov=sfsi1

Remember in 2008 when Palin's email was hacked?  I think Obama only won because Russia was scared of McCain and wanted the guy in office they knew wouldn't pose a threat. I have no real evidence of this, but someone in a suit I can't name or refer to the intel told me so. Granted, there's no consensus among intel agencies, but I'm an emotion guy. I knew Zimmerman killed Martin in cold blood and was a racist. I knew Mike Brown was on his knees with his hands up, pleading for his life. I knew Benghazi was a spur of the moment uprising from a video on YouTube 5 guys had seen. I knew that girl in the rolling stone article was repeatedly raped. 

McCain didn't win because he ran a poor campaign or lost credibility when he suspended his campaign or chose a complete fucking idiot as his running mate. No way. He lost because the Russians hacked Palin's email, released it to the media who made it available to everyone, and somehow got the majority of states to determine they didn't want McCain.

Randall Flagg

Claim: Trump or his nominees are problematic because of personal ties or potential for personal gain due to ties with foreign governments. Ergo, Hillary should have been elected or put in through the electoral college.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … f5f79e2e2e

Claim:  You can't define my silence

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Pal … prov=sfsi1

Remember in 2008 when Palin's email was hacked?  I think Obama only won because Russia was scared of McCain and wanted the guy in office they knew wouldn't pose a threat. I have no real evidence of this, but someone in a suit I can't name or refer to the intel told me so. Granted, there's no consensus among intel agencies, but I'm an emotion guy. I knew Zimmerman killed Martin in cold blood and was a racist. I knew Mike Brown was on his knees with his hands up, pleading for his life. I knew Benghazi was a spur of the moment uprising from a video on YouTube 5 guys had seen. I knew that girl in the rolling stone article was repeatedly raped. 

McCain didn't win because he ran a poor campaign or lost credibility when he suspended his campaign or chose a complete fucking idiot as his running mate. No way. He lost because the Russians hacked Palin's email, released it to the media who made it available to everyone, and somehow got the majority of states to determine they didn't want McCain.

Poor Randall, intelligence agencies only differ on intent of hacks. And I'm sorry to remind you that it's not based on gut emotion but a real series of real facts, such as strategic dissemination of hacked emails, not some made up petulant little argument.

Democrats/Hillary hacked.
Trump hires campaign manager who is being investigated by FBI over ties with Putin/Russia. Eventually resigns.
Material given to wikileaks.
Info disseminated to trickle out during election on key times to impose maximum damage against specific candidate, Clinton.
Trump encouraged hacking and leaking of opponent's emails at official press conference.
Intelligence say Russia did the hacking.
Trump denies Russia was involved.
After further investigation the CIA privately tells specific officials belief hack was done to sway election in Trump's favor.
Senate Republican Leader threatens retaliation if suspected motives of Russia hack is released before election.
Comey releases controversial letter a week before election, eventually reascends the day before.
Trump wins election.
Senate Republican Leader's wife gets cabinet position in Trump administration.
Trump nominates two of the most powerful positions of his cabinet to men who have deep Russia support/ties, including a Trillion dollar business deal.
The belief the CIA feels hack was done to sway election in Trump's favor leaks to press.
Trump says CIA are liars and it's a political attack.
There's no concensus between intelligence agencies about Russian hack intentions.

Board footer