You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

So... The Yemen raid was a bumblefuck disaster. Spicer was calling it a triumph and valuable info was seized. Well, the raid was specifically targeting an Al Qaeda leader who wasn't there, the Intel was apparently garbage, so much so they had to use media collected by Obama's raid and tried to pass it off as there's but got caught. Apparently, they sold Trump on the raid by saying it was something Obama didn't have the guts to order. Come on SG, say it with me, YEMEN!!

What do you know. Bad intel. Fuck me.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

A reading of Trump's black history month "speech"

AtariLegend wrote:

OMG stop putting words in Trump's mouth. You evil Liberals!!!!

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

He's done amazing things in Syria, just amazing things.....

He's a killa, sure, but we've got killas too...let's be honest.

AtariLegend wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

The defense of "he's just being honest" is crazy.

If this was almost any other western state, he'd be publicly forced to resign the next day.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

If this was almost any other western state, he'd be publicly forced to resign the next day.

I love Trump because he says it like it is!! He's not PC like all those other pansies.

He's normalized this behavior. He says so much crazy shit on a daily basis, I can not keep up.

We have an absolute madman/pathological liar in the executive office and people cheer him on...compare him to the mythical image they have of Saint Reagan they've built up in their heads.

(Wait for response about Obama, Hillary, BLM, trannies using toilets in 3...2...1)

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

I love Trump because he says it like it is!! He's not PC like all those other pansies.

He's normalized this behavior. He says so much crazy shit on a daily basis, I can not keep up.

We have an absolute madman/pathological liar in the executive office and people cheer him on...compare him to the mythical image they have of Saint Reagan they've built up in their heads.

(Wait for response about Obama, Hillary, BLM, trannies using toilets in 3...2...1)

SLC...I've said it before and I'll say it again...being elected doesn't necessarily mean you're right....it just means you're popular. The swell over angry whiteness is expressed in his election. That's what's 'popular' right now...

This is how people in his all white, all billionaire cabinet think...they think all of America's problems started with immigration...they are only using the guise of terrorism as an excuse to be racist. It's clever to be sure...

Trump is a caricature of the old, white staunch conservative...he continues interpreting facts to confirm his already conceived bias. A desperate reach for a time long since past. And will never be here again.

His insistence on always talking about who likes him and his vote count is the most tangible proof of white privilege I can point to as of late...while we have serious problems to address...he's still worried about who likes him. Why? Because the solutions to these 'serious' problems don't directly effect him and therefore take a back seat to his ego and his personal needs and wants.

Obama repeatedly did not take the bait because he knew he represented something far more important than himself. Trump takes the bait every time because he is only concerned with his own primitive needs.

And now today Betsy Devos is confirmed...and while public education needs help (doesn't it always?) we just put someone in charge of public education who has never had to lower herself or her children to participate in it. We have leaders who bleed privilege trying to tell us commoners how to live....and boy those white commoners love it...

I don't have anything to learn from people born into generational wealth...you wanna talk about a bubble? That's it!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Jake Tapper just destroyed Kelly Anne Conway on Trump's lies about the media not reporting terrorist attacks. He brought up Trump has not said a word or made a tweet, or mentioned it in his "underreported t attacks" document about the Quebec white right wing terrorist who murdered the Muslims in that Mosque attack last week. I hadn't even noticed that.

She bullies Chuck Todd but she's clearly intimidated by Tapper.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Me thinks you're confused on the definition of terror. I know co-opting words is the in thing to do with the left. Rape now means Lena Dunham going back to someone's house and him not asking before he put his fingers inside of her.  But terrorism is linked to foreign ideologies trying to use fear and violence to change a group. Islam isn't an American religion, regardless of all the melting pot bullshit you've been told. Also, what the fuck does an attack in Canada have to do with America. And how was that not reported?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Me thinks you're confused on the definition of terror. I know co-opting words is the in thing to do with the left. Rape now means Lena Dunham going back to someone's house and him not asking before he put his fingers inside of her.  But terrorism is linked to foreign ideologies trying to use fear and violence to change a group. Islam isn't an American religion, regardless of all the melting pot bullshit you've been told. Also, what the fuck does an attack in Canada have to do with America. And how was that not reported?

I thinks you're confused on the definition of terror like you are on locker room banter. (Amazing you actually brought Lena Dunham into this topic)

Terrorist Attack

Noun    1.    terrorist attack - a surprise attack involving the deliberate use of violence against civilians in the hope of attaining political or religious aimsterrorist attack - a surprise attack involving the deliberate use of violence against civilians in the hope of attaining political or religious aims
act of terrorism, terrorism, terrorist act - the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear
coup de main, surprise attack - an attack without warning

Board footer