You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Steve Bannon removed from National Security Council role.

So much winning...

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I wonder why he did that.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I agree it was odd. For now they're just saying it was a choice/it was only temporary anyway. I'm sure something will come out. Personally I think Bannon & Priebus are out & he's putting Jared & Ivanka in their place. Otherwise it's probably a pre-emptive dismissal based upon the intel known to them.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I agree it was odd. For now they're just saying it was a choice/it was only temporary anyway. I'm sure something will come out. Personally I think Bannon & Priebus are out & he's putting Jared & Ivanka in their place. Otherwise it's probably a pre-emptive dismissal based upon the intel known to them.

That's my biggest gripe and I wish more Republican leaders would speak out on this.  It was one thing for Kennedy to put his brother who was well qualified as his AG - that position had to be approved by the Senate.  Trump putting his family in senior positions is something out of a third world dictator.  I'm not comfortable with it and I wish someone would advise him that isolating yourself with similar opinions isn't how progress is made.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

This is a good thing.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

That's my biggest gripe and I wish more Republican leaders would speak out on this.  It was one thing for Kennedy to put his brother who was well qualified as his AG - that position had to be approved by the Senate.  Trump putting his family in senior positions is something out of a third world dictator.  I'm not comfortable with it and I wish someone would advise him that isolating yourself with similar opinions isn't how progress is made.

Ivanka and Jared are far more level headed than Steve Bannon, Jeff Sessions, Kelly Anne Conway etc.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Ivanka and Jared are far more level headed than Steve Bannon, Jeff Sessions, Kelly Anne Conway etc.

Why not? You must spin nepotism one way or the other.

Maybe he can appoint his grandchildren next.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Why not? You must spin nepotism one way or the other.

Maybe he can appoint his grandchildren next.

Lol... I would rather have them there than Bannon...

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yeah, I think it's a mix of a few things. Like SG said, it's not "entirely bad" having them a bit level headed. But the inexperience in international affairs is becoming troubling quick. I don't want them involved in Syria or North Korea whatsoever, not even to give their own $.02, that's about as worthless as Kendall Jenner. And no, quote unqoute running a business (ie. they don't.. she just has the Trump name put on a shoe company and clothing line like JLo & other stuff sold at Kohls, DSW etc) doesn't count.

Rex Tillersons lack of speaking is concerning as well. The other thing I think happened tho is the "unpaid adviser" label. Sortof creates a grey area as to what they're really doing. I think as time goes on, and they do more actions & involvement, people may start to rise up and ask what's going on?!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It looked to me that Kushner and Bannon were joined st the hip. They were the two who advised him over Yemen before that clusterfuck. Read this was a decision by McMaster.

Board footer