You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Come on Flagg, it's over.

John McCain said in a street interview we should hire a special prosecutor because it's big, "and I'm sure there's more to come." on PBS NewsHour.

johndivney wrote:

I think it's really unfair to compare Nixon to Trump.

Nixon was a genuine patriot. Trump is just a loud mouthed selfish son of a bitch troll who puts his own interests above anyone else's.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Lets say Trump is completely clean on this. No monkey business.

The optics are horrible:

Subpoenas issued by a grand jury
Trump fires Comey
Trump then meets with Russian foreign minister the very next day

Is this guy a complete idiot or what?

Edit: And I'll also add that I bet we'll see more leaks now about this. There are people inside the FBI and other intelligence agencies who are undoubtedly pretty pissed off now.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

Come on Flagg, it's over.

John McCain said in a street interview we should hire a special prosecutor because it's big, "and I'm sure there's more to come." on PBS NewsHour.

What's over?  I'm all for appointing a special prosecutor to have 90 days to look at this. The left wants nothing more than to have an ongoing investigation with nothing official being released so they can create conspiracies everyday.

Appointing a special prosecutor to not only look at Russia, but also how our intelligence community is functioning and who leaked information is the only route to go. Both sides are pulling partisan nonsense, so a definitive "yes" or "no", there's something really here, needs to be had.

There's still zero evidence Trump colluded with Russia. We know Clinton broke the law.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I think it's really unfair to compare Nixon to Trump.

Nixon was a genuine patriot. Trump is just a loud mouthed selfish son of a bitch troll who puts his own interests above anyone else's.

It's true...there were many likable things about him. He actually got in his own way more than anything.

But he was absolutely ruthless in Vietnam.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

There's still zero evidence Trump colluded with Russia. We know Clinton broke the law.

These are exactly the kinds of statements that have me picturing you working as Bill O'Reilly's replacement at Fox news. You are so self-assured, you can turn a blind eye to every smoke signal on Trump, but with no facts, speak as though Hillary's guilt in breaking the law is a proven fact.

AND you continue to bring her up (just like Fox) when she is as irrelevant now as irrelevant can be.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:

These are exactly the kinds of statements that have me picturing you working as Bill O'Reilly's replacement at Fox news. You are so self-assured, you can turn a blind eye to every smoke signal on Trump, but with no facts, speak as though Hillary's guilt in breaking the law is a proven fact.

AND you continue to bring her up (just like Fox) when she is as irrelevant now as irrelevant can be.

Classified information was found on her server. The law was broken. There's nothing else you need to know.   Does that mean she should be in jail, not in my opinion. But that's the issue. You have zero actual evidence Trump colluded with Russia. But some of you are convinced he's a Putin stooge. There is actual evidence she violated the law, and you want to stick your head in the sand.

I'm not interested in another flame war over Trump and Russia. But you can't claim it's irrelevant when she gave an interview blaming Comey for her loss, you guys post almost daily Trump stole the election, and Trump fired Comey in part, because of how he handled the Clinton investigation.

I personally don't give a fuck she emailed some shit. She was the Secretary of State. She gets wiggle room in my book. As I've said repeatedly, I just care that they lied about it and insulted everyone's intelligence. "You mean wipe with a towel lol!"

Appoint a special prosecutor to look at everything. Collusion to the leaked Intel to the media.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Classified information was found on her server. The law was broken. There's nothing else you need to know.   Does that mean she should be in jail, not in my opinion. But that's the issue. You have zero actual evidence Trump colluded with Russia. But some of you are convinced he's a Putin stooge. There is actual evidence she violated the law, and you want to stick your head in the sand.

I'm not interested in another flame war over Trump and Russia. But you can't claim it's irrelevant when she gave an interview blaming Comey for her loss, you guys post almost daily Trump stole the election, and Trump fired Comey in part, because of how he handled the Clinton investigation.

I personally don't give a fuck she emailed some shit. She was the Secretary of State. She gets wiggle room in my book. As I've said repeatedly, I just care that they lied about it and insulted everyone's intelligence. "You mean wipe with a towel lol!"

Appoint a special prosecutor to look at everything. Collusion to the leaked Intel to the media.

There have been numerous  reports of politicians on both sides of the aisle doing the exact same thing. Why do we care so much about Hillary?

The unforgivable component of this to me is that  they have been smearing Hillary for 30 years and have no problem bringing her flaws to the forefront no matter how minute.

But if you were going to accuse someone of doing something wrong and you the individual is doing the exact same thing and why is that OK? Why was it ever OK to make this a decade long in the making investigation ?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Can you guess the poster?

After Comey made his October Surprise announcement:

This won't make a difference at all, not at this point.

A criminal investigation?
I love how you guys take one snippet, redefine it, and run with it like it's some big discovery.
Such is the way of the conspiracy theorist I guess.

I've lost all faith in the Comey and it doesn't say much for the FBI itself. This is Hoover shit. They couldn't damage her with facts, so they're doing it with innuendo.

After the election:

End anchor babies. Pass everify and punish businesses that hire illegals.  Keep the pre-existing condition and mandate, but open the markets across state lines. Renegotiate all trade and work with Jordan and Saudi Arabia to put boots on the ground with American air and logistical support to end ISIS.  Put another Scalia on the bench. He does that, he'll be remembered like Reagan.

!

He hasn't done shit.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

James Comey Sought More Funding for FBI’s Russia Probe Before Being Fired

https://www.wsj.com/articles/james-come … 1494433061

Board footer