You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

So Hoe Scarborough and Mika Brizenski are getting married. Fucking weird and kind of gross. But I would fuck her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=303&v=mZXNqic_Zi8

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

So Hoe Scarborough and Mika Brizenski are getting married. Fucking weird and kind of gross. But I would fuck her.

SG just curious...how old are you?

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Brett wrote:

That Crowder guy is a little pussy. Watch him debate Joe Rogan on marijuana and come apart at the seams like the little bitch, chicken shit, big talk when he's in the driver's seat conservative he is.

He has also proven to be incapable or unwilling to engage in a facts-based discussion on any of his claims when challenged by people who have better credentials than him on a given subject (i.e. his climate change videos, where he spouts unmitigated bullshit as well).

Flagg, you have to keep in mind that it's okay to think that Comey should've been fired over his handling of the Hillary scandal in the final days of the election process; yet at the same time feel that it's completely unethical for Trump to fire him when he's in the middle of investigating Trump's ties to Russia.

So let's just stick to the facts here:

That's some first level banana republic type shit, right there. Speculating, I think only three conclusions can logically be drawn:

1. Trump has ties with Russia that he does not want exposed, and Comey's investigation was a threat to him. Sure, there's no proof of this, but given the above facts it's also not out of the realm of possibility

2. Trump actually has belatedly come around to the idea that the way Comey handled the Clinton scandal was not appropriate, but is too dim to realize/doesn't care about how the optics of this are incredibly bad for him. I'm happy to believe that he just doesn't comprehend how ugly this looks, I'm not really inclined to think he has actually changed his mind about Comey's actions last October though

3. There's a third unknown reason for firing Comey that the adminstration chose not to communicate, which raises the question as to why they would not just state that instead of coming up with what would then be a lie

Either way, bottom line is that even if you think Comey is the devil for nixing Hillary's chances of winning this election (that was a monumental mistake, if you ask me), it is perfectly fine to question (or even get outraged) about how Trump handled his firing (a clusterfuck of equally monumental proportions, if you ask me). No contradictions there.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
TheMole wrote:
Brett wrote:

That Crowder guy is a little pussy. Watch him debate Joe Rogan on marijuana and come apart at the seams like the little bitch, chicken shit, big talk when he's in the driver's seat conservative he is.

He has also proven to be incapable or unwilling to engage in a facts-based discussion on any of his claims when challenged by people who have better credentials than him on a given subject (i.e. his climate change videos, where he spouts unmitigated bullshit as well).

Flagg, you have to keep in mind that it's okay to think that Comey should've been fired over his handling of the Hillary scandal in the final days of the election process; yet at the same time feel that it's completely unethical for Trump to fire him when he's in the middle of investigating Trump's ties to Russia.

That's some first level banana republic type shit, right there. Speculating, I think only three conclusions can logically be drawn:

1. Trump has ties with Russia that he does not want exposed, and Comey's investigation was a threat to him. Sure, there's no proof of this, but given the above facts it's also not out of the realm of possibility

2. Trump actually has belatedly come around to the idea that the way Comey handled the Clinton scandal was not appropriate, but is too dim to realize/doesn't care about how the optics of this are incredibly bad for him. I'm happy to believe that he just doesn't comprehend how ugly this looks, I'm not really inclined to think he has actually changed his mind about Comey's actions last October though

3. There's a third unknown reason for firing Comey that the adminstration chose not to communicate, which raises the question as to why they would not just state that instead of coming up with what would then be a lie

Either way, bottom line is that even if you think Comey is the devil for nixing Hillary's chances of winning this election (that was a monumental mistake, if you ask me), it is perfectly fine to question (or even get outraged) about how Trump handled his firing (a clusterfuck of equally monumental proportions, if you ask me). No contradictions there.

Awesome post, mole!

I think there's one other logical conclusion you might make that has potentially some overlap with what you've suggested. It pertains to something Nixon once said...and while Nixon and trump are two different people I think you could draw a number of parallels just in personality alone.

The phrase Nixon used was, "if the president does it, it's not illegal." Trump has an obvious arrogance to him and I don't believe he feels that he is subject to rules. He's behaved this way in his private life, why shouldn't he in public life?

I think it's pretty safe to say this could and has effected every aspect of his decision making as president. What this means is he doesn't see ethics or laws...he's literally blind to them. And he surrounds himself with people who agree and will support him.

This is what Nixon did too...he was surrounded by extremely loyal people who tried to fall on the sword to save him.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

TheMole wrote:
Brett wrote:

He has also proven to be incapable or unwilling to engage in a facts-based discussion on any of his claims when challenged by people who have better credentials than him on a given subject

This is demonstrably false. I'm not some Crowder fanboy, but he's had numerous guest with credentials. Protip, Bill Nye has a bachelors in Mechanical Engineering. He's not a scientist or credentialed to talk about climate change or biology. Do you watch the young Turks?

It could be 2 or 3. I'm not defending Trump. I want to know why Comey is fired. But claiming it was to coverup Russia is retarded. Screaming for Comey to get the boot and then crying foul cause Trump gave it to him is even more retarded. It just shows that some people will bowl at the wind regardless.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
TheMole wrote:
Brett wrote:

He has also proven to be incapable or unwilling to engage in a facts-based discussion on any of his claims when challenged by people who have better credentials than him on a given subject

This is demonstrably false. I'm not some Crowder fanboy, but he's had numerous guest with credentials. Protip, Bill Nye has a bachelors in Mechanical Engineering. He's not a scientist or credentialed to talk about climate change or biology. Do you watch the young Turks?

It could be 2 or 3. I'm not defending Trump. I want to know why Comey is fired. But claiming it was to coverup Russia is retarded. Screaming for Comey to get the boot and then crying foul cause Trump gave it to him is even more retarded. It just shows that some people will bowl at the wind regardless.

I can't understand why your so  confidently convinced that there were no shady dealings when Trump has a long history of shady dealings.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
TheMole wrote:

I can't understand why your so  confidently convinced that there were no shady dealings when Trump has a long history of shady dealings.

What does "Shady" mean?  The Prime Minister of Bangladesh came out today and said Clinton called her to get a favorable action for a donor to the Clinton Foundation.  That's shady, but I don't know if it's illegal.  Trump had a lot of "shady" business deals, but I don't know of any that were illegal. 

Firing Comey would do nothing but bring more attention to any alleged illegal activity with Russia.  The new Director of the FBI needs Senate approval, so it's not like Trump can nominate some stooge that is going to sweep it under the rug.  Not to mention agents who worked on the investigation are still present.  So the very idea that Trump fired Comey to protect himself is absurd.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

It's starting...

FBI searching Annapolis GOP fundraising firm

ANNAPOLIS, Md. —
The FBI confirms agents are executing a search warrant at an office of a GOP fundraiser/consulting firm in Annapolis, the 11 News I-Team has learned.

The investigation is being run out of Washington, not locally, the I-Team has learned.

The FBI used trash bags to cover a window at the offices of Strategic Campaign Group at 191 Main St.

The firm is touted for pioneering the use of technology in political campaigns, and it represents GOP candidates nationwide.

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/fbi-searc … rm/9639787

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Screaming for Comey to get the boot and then crying foul cause Trump gave it to him is even more retarded.

It's only "retarded" if you take your talking points from the right wing media. Otherwise they are two entirely different things.

Randall Flagg

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Screaming for Comey to get the boot and then crying foul cause Trump gave it to him is even more retarded.

It's only "retarded" if you take your talking points from the right wing media. Otherwise they are two entirely different things.

Except I posted here before any media outlet had a chance to spin it.  That whole consistency thing I keep yammering on about.

Board footer