You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

You do realize they will not give up evidence until the investigation is over, which could take a really long time, right? I've said that I don't expect him to have directly worked with Putin. What I believe is that people on his campaign did so on his behalf and now he's making moves to obstruct the investigation. He could be completely innocent in the initial conspiracy but his stupidity is tying him into it.

There are right wingers who are convinced he will be impeached over Russian money laundering, but I have no clue what evidence they say is going to explode so I haven't mentioned it here. This on the other hand is enough in plain sight for me to see that I think there was collusion and now obstruction.

Right, and anyone with actual ties to the investigation has denied that anyone in Trump's campaign coordinated with Putin.  Did Flynn take money in an unrelated endeavor, possibly.  But no one with an ounce of credibility or knowledge has said there's any evidence ANYONE on Trump's campaign coordinated in any capacity with Russia.

Yea, Watergate took a year.  They also didn't have computers and data forensic evidence.  The FBI is looking into Russia's involvement in our election.  A small part of that investigation included a cursory glance at Trump's campaign and NOTHING has been found or leaked suggesting anyone did anything illegal in this capacity.  The MO of the left is to blur the line of the actual FBI investigating into Russia and make it about Trump.

Trump didn't fire Comey to cover anything.  It's an absurd and ridiculous argument to make.  No one who doesn't have a (D) next to their name and a camera in front of them have even suggested it.  Pelosi herself told her townhall that impeaching Trump isn't going to happen because the man hasn't done anything illegal.

I'm sorry you don't see it, but your devotion to this conspiracy is entirely partisan and stems from your disdain for the man.  You're the birther dude.

No. I just listed the facts. FACTS that made me come to my opinion. Trump and his fellow asshats promoted lies about Obama's birth certificate. Again, false and outright disingenuous comparison. I'm stating facts. Just the facts.

In fact, no one has said he did nothing wrong, but the people in the know have said they can't say because of classified information and the ongoing investigations. So you can give that a rest.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Apparently the Times is reporting that Trump tried to make Comey stop the Flynn investigation.

See, that is plausible.  Claiming Trump fired Comey to make the investigation into him go away isn't.

Actually, you're wrong. Trump has shown himself to be highly overemotional and compulsive. It's just as believable... Especially when Trump said himself the Russia investigation was on his mind when he decided to fire Comedy.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Don't ever give anyone shit over posting Daily Beast links ever, ever again.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I have no idea of the source.  Just got it from Drudge.  But unlike a MotherJones article that cites its own reporters, are the claims in the article objectively false.  Were those headlines or not?  Did the GOP demand Obama be impeached for sharing classified information.  A simple yes or no will do.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I have no idea of the source.  Just got it from Drudge.  But unlike a MotherJones article that cites its own reporters, are the claims in the article objectively false.  Were those headlines or not?  Did the GOP demand Obama be impeached for sharing classified information.  A simple yes or no will do.

No...

They wanted to impeach him because he wasn't born in this country....and/or...any other plethora of reasons that were petty and unfounded.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

No...

They wanted to impeach him because he wasn't born in this country....and/or...any other plethora of reasons that were petty and unfounded.

Did any congressman ever bring up impeachment for his birth certificate?  That's the difference, Republicans weren't peddling impeachment after every news story.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

No...

Did any congressman ever bring up impeachment for his birth certificate?  That's the difference, Republicans weren't peddling impeachment after every news story.

First of all, they aren't.

Second is that the are completely different.

If just 1/10 of what the GOP claimed about Obama was factual, he would have been gone years ago. But nope, never happened. There is a reason for that.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Trump's in big trouble now, almost entirely of his own making.

I expect more leaks to happen. I don't think they're necessarily coming from the WH, but from the IC. I said before he picked a fight with the wrong establishment. The Comey firing was the last straw IMO. Like pouring gasoline on a fire.

Not only do I expect more leaks, but I would not be surprised if something really big comes out. Death by a 1000 cuts and then boom, somebody or some agency (foreign or domestic) delivers the knock out punch. Comey's memos are pretty damn bad. He's also willing to testify in public. But I feel something much worse could be out there.

I hope he doesn't do anything really stupid before he gets 86d.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

What will happen tomorrow that will change the story once again?

The same thing that happens every day: Trump.

Board footer