You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

And in case anybody missed it, Trump is backing Moore down in Alabama.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Oh I noticed....just not surprised and didn't consider it noteworthy...

Trump just wants to back a winner.

It's cool and hip to be a sexual predator and child molester these days....

You should have known this SLC...I expected more of you

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Two of you have said “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. What was broke before 2015 that needed fixed?

I don't even understand the question....

Only you, RF, would somehow spin this as a good thing....

It ain't broke..I love my internet the way it is.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Two of you have said “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. What was broke before 2015 that needed fixed?

I don't think the 2015 ruling set 'net nuetrality' in place. I believe it was more or less given a continuum or extension of sorts. I don't know why the ruling took place at that time, I think previously it was given a moratorium or something and the date was given then to re-look at it (once video internet popularized). So nobody's saying Obama saved or changed the internet in 2015, they just let it continue & did not change anything.

As for your 'Net Nuetrality' is just a buzzword, I kinda disagree in that it's definitely is essentially 'To keep the internet & all websites neutral, and to not play favorites to any'. I think it has more to do with charging sites on the backend, not charging customers more who use more. I think that's a different argument.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Really is a bizarre move. Polls show him down already, by 5-8 points. I know he needs another GOPer in there, but why take such a long shot this late in the game, with a candidate on the decline. Just doesn't make sense. Also he was never a huge fan or friend of Moore to begin with. Sure is odd, especially considering the whole 'Sexually assaulting a 14 year old' claims.

He's almost bound to lose. Never say never tho. I saw the Democrat is running an ad using Ivanka's word against Moore, 'There's a special place in hell for people who prey on children' or something like that.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Really is a bizarre move. Polls show him down already, by 5-8 points. I know he needs another GOPer in there, but why take such a long shot this late in the game, with a candidate on the decline. Just doesn't make sense. Also he was never a huge fan or friend of Moore to begin with. Sure is odd, especially considering the whole 'Sexually assaulting a 14 year old' claims.

He's almost bound to lose. Never say never tho. I saw the Democrat is running an ad using Ivanka's word against Moore, 'There's a special place in hell for people who prey on children' or something like that.

Really? Everything I’ve read is that his polling has remained virtually unaffected.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

He was down by 8 last week, which I felt was a story in itself. He should be down by 38 IMO. The last poll had them virtually even.  If he wins,  the GOP will be handcuffed to dead hooker and will need to do something.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

As I understand it, the 2015 ruling locked in place the current practices.

Removing those restrictions allows ISPs a lot more freedom.

Do you really think Comcast is going to turn down an opportunity to charge you more for Internet?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

As I understand it, the 2015 ruling locked in place the current practices.

Removing those restrictions allows ISPs a lot more freedom.

Do you really think Comcast is going to turn down an opportunity to charge you more for Internet?

Nothing is stopping them from doing that now. That’s my problem with all of this, the pro net neutrality side has just created random nightmare scenarios that could happen. Might as well be claiming Mexicans and Muslims will rape your wives and daughters at this point.

Irish Oasis, whomever that is, doesn’t have a ckue, but they’re calling me gullible as they fall for the rhetoric hook, line and sinker.

I’m inclined to be in favor of net neutrality, but I don’t believe in one size fits all for everyone. That’s not the case now, and it wasn’t the case ever. The wired article I linked does a really good job explaining this, but it looks like I’m the only one here trying to understand it and validate my opinion. To each their own.

Board footer