You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

That's what got Trump elected. Vote for Jones, SG.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Right, Republicans are idiots for the moral majority nonsense. You won’t hear me say otherwise. But this call to arms is coming from one side. I don’t think Franken should resign even if he did put his hand on a woman’s ass. It’s wrong, shame him. Move on. But it wasn’t assault and if the women really cared, they’d have said something then.

But Clinton’s impeachment was about perjury. Not because he got lots of pussy. The family was/is corrupt, and his behavior was enough to get him disbarred. If you want me to say Republicans can be retarded, mission accomplished. But their bullshit pales in comparison to the PC bullshit and speech codes of the left. One party has become entirely based on it, while the other uses it when it’s convenient for a news cycle.

Just as most Republicans have denounced Moore, I’d hope that most Democrats would denounce this PC weaponization of assault allegations. But this is their answer to the tea party.

The left has become the new moral majority, sadly.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Looks like Flynn may be close to cutting a deal. Which is HUGE news and REALLY BAD news for Trump:

Special counsel delays grand jury testimony amid signs of Flynn deal talks

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/29/politics/ … olitics=Tw

A complaint was filed that Conway violated the Hatch Act:

Office opens case file into accusation that Conway broke the law

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/362300 … -broke-the

And of course, more smoke screen from Trump on Twitter. Today is no exception:

Trump Shares Inflammatory Anti-Muslim Videos, and Britain’s Leader Condemns Them

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/29/us/p … erer=&_r=0

misterID

misterID wrote:

Someone made a point that he's showing signs of having a meltdown. He's really unqualified and shouldn't be coddled by Republican leaders.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Someone made a point that he's showing signs of having a meltdown. He's really unqualified and shouldn't be coddled by Republican leaders.

I suspect we're headed for a spectacular meltdown as Mueller closes in on Trump and his family.

Will he go to war with NK before then though?

misterID

misterID wrote:

I think that's the line. I hope it's true, but there was a report months ago that Kelly and Mattis have agreed if he tries they will go full Crimson Tide, even if they have to physically restrain him.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Interesting theory. Todays retweets did seem like he was losing it. I figured he just couldn't hack it, being new to him, mixed with old age/possibly dimentia. But the stress of knowing they're busted is certainly possible. Why not just find an escape & resign?  I guess its his ego. But he could just pardon Jared & Jr & whoever else & resign. I dunno, it's gonna be a mess & I have no doubt Jareds going down, he's been put out to pasture. Don Jr seems caught red handed, same with Carter Page etc.

Couldn't his lawyers have just crafted a plea deal early on?  I mean, he knew since January since that tweet about Obama wiretapping on him. I mean, its plain as day now what he was inferring.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Interesting theory. Todays retweets did seem like he was losing it. I figured he just couldn't hack it, being new to him, mixed with old age/possibly dimentia. But the stress of knowing they're busted is certainly possible. Why not just find an escape & resign?  I guess its his ego. But he could just pardon Jared & Jr & whoever else & resign. I dunno, it's gonna be a mess & I have no doubt Jareds going down, he's been put out to pasture. Don Jr seems caught red handed, same with Carter Page etc.

Couldn't his lawyers have just crafted a plea deal early on?  I mean, he knew since January since that tweet about Obama wiretapping on him. I mean, its plain as day now what he was inferring.

Can you elaborate on that last part? Are you saying he was already inferring he was caught?

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Can you elaborate on that last part? Are you saying he was already inferring he was caught?

Well, imho he knew. Remember he sent a wacky tweet way back soon after he took office. Something like "So it turns out Obama wiretapped Trump Tower to listen to our calls during our campaign." or something along those lines.

He was obviously informed at some sort of intelligence briefing of this, and flipped out. Remember it would've been soon after or around that time Flynn left. Then in February Trump had that weird hour long press conference. He's known all along I think, he just tried rallying his base to gain their side. Muslim Ban & all the EO's were probably to agressively move away from it and get things done to his base to sideline the news of it.

BTW that Frontline show I referenced earlier mentions the FBI & Obama Presidency got word of the Russia ties, and were torn as to whether to make it public, or just set it aside. They wrestled with the idea but since Hillary seemed to have it won (and someone mentions "...and in a classic case of the Obama regime overthinking things") they withheld it so that it wouldn't be seen as itself interfering with the election. As Republicans may view it as a conspiracy to bring down the Republican candidate. IMHO the evidence is there, and the ships gonna sink on it.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

lol

Board footer