You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

If Moore is ejected they just replace him with a better suited Republican. I don't think they re-vote. So today is it.

I highly doubt Trump runs again in 2020, Maybe, but tbh I think he'll bounce. I think he hates it & the stress really got to him. He's mental.

I don’t think they’ll eject him. Short of the allegations being proven true or an ethics committee, the voters of Alabama should be respected.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

True, the GOP & McConnell etc sure backed off that idea recently.

Randall Flagg

Fuck I hope Moore loses today.  The Senate nor the GOP need the headache of another Ted Cruz.  And they sure don't need a deviant cut from the cloth of Ted Kennedy or Anthony Weiner to bolster the far left's temper tantrum.

I just don't like the idea of coastal politicians overriding the will of voters in other states.  Collins said it best this weekend, unlike Franken (whom I think should still be in office), the voters knew about all the claims regarding Roy Moore.  If they go to the polls today and vote for him, their vote should be respected.  That doesn't mean the rest of the GOP should embrace him.

It's not surprising that the same people who advocated we ignore the constitution after the election also think the Senate should cast out anyone they dislike because some nobody made an accusation without an ounce of proof. 

You watch.  All it will take is 2 or 3 women to claim Booker or Schumer "undressed me with their eyes" and the left will devour itself.  It's really a shame what the Democratic party has become.  Do they think this shit is going to win over black and latino voters?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Fuck I hope Moore loses today.  The Senate nor the GOP need the headache of another Ted Cruz.  And they sure don't need a deviant cut from the cloth of Ted Kennedy or Anthony Weiner to bolster the far left's temper tantrum.

I just don't like the idea of coastal politicians overriding the will of voters in other states.  Collins said it best this weekend, unlike Franken (whom I think should still be in office), the voters knew about all the claims regarding Roy Moore.  If they go to the polls today and vote for him, their vote should be respected.  That doesn't mean the rest of the GOP should embrace him.

It's not surprising that the same people who advocated we ignore the constitution after the election also think the Senate should cast out anyone they dislike because some nobody made an accusation without an ounce of proof. 

You watch.  All it will take is 2 or 3 women to claim Booker or Schumer "undressed me with their eyes" and the left will devour itself.  It's really a shame what the Democratic party has become.  Do they think this shit is going to win over black and latino voters?

I am extremely disappointed at the direction my party has taken. They’ve been consistent election losers for going on 8 years now.

But i still don’t see anything that republicans are doing right now as anything that will benefit the majority of people in this country. We still have weekly mass shootings and terrorist  attacks and i dont see that changing. I don’t think people are really grasping at social/economic desparities. I don’t see any problems being solved or even worked on.

I’m so unmotivated to vote either. I’m not donating to any candidates. I’m just disgusted lately. I don’t even care who wins this Alabama election. I think the democrats may need to completely impload before anything changes.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Trump today so far...how far we've fallen as a country.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I am extremely disappointed at the direction my party has taken. They’ve been consistent election losers for going on 8 years now.

But i still don’t see anything that republicans are doing right now as anything that will benefit the majority of people in this country. We still have weekly mass shootings and terrorist  attacks and i dont see that changing. I don’t think people are really grasping at social/economic desparities. I don’t see any problems being solved or even worked on.

I’m so unmotivated to vote either. I’m not donating to any candidates. I’m just disgusted lately. I don’t even care who wins this Alabama election. I think the democrats may need to completely impload before anything changes.

I get your point, but I think the tax plan will help most Americans, at least in the short term.  And there's no denying limiting immigration won't help the American worker and the country as it limits its welfare class.  But if they give in to the far right and remove pre-existing conditions, they're done for.  The Democrats would be so much better off if they found the 20 or so moderates and worked with the GOP moderates to find middle ground in all of this.  Instead they're hitching their cart to this "girl power" bullshit and it will cost them the mid-terms.  White women voted for Trump.  It was a small margin, but a margin none the less.  This shit isn't going to win them over.  Black and latino women aren't worried that some beauty queen felt like a piece of meat in the pageant.  All they're appealing to are college students and the Lena Dunhams.

There's a real opportunity to shirk the extremes on both sides, but nothing.  I just don't see how things get better from here.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I live in Shelby Counity. One of the key counties in today’s race. The county has the most college grads in the whole state so Jones is hoping that he can make up ground there.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Moore road his horse in to vote. Talk about theatrics. What a clown show.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

He is so Fucking embarrassing

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Moore looks like he’s running away with it...just like expected.

Board footer