You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

It'll get released tomorrow.

The memo won't 'muddy the waters' and 'pass' by summer. It'll be grounds for obstruction if Trump fires Mueller & Trump will be gone by New Years.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Just tonight we’ve learned Nunes has changed the memo. It isn’t the one the White House saw/approved. This will backfire and just drag more folks into the obstruction line of fire.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

This a great tweet-thread about how damaging releasing the memo really is. Spoiler: It hurts us all in the long run.

https://twitter.com/asharangappa_/status/959267355787497472

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I've never seen so many innocent people work so tirelessly to prove that they didn't do anything.

Who are we to believe? A pathological liar, who lies about almost everything, regardless of how inane? Or that there is deeply rooted corruption inside the FBI, who also happens to be investigating the pathological liar?

Trump has been slowly firing, and finding ways to push these people out. The other way is smearing them with the "bias" label, which is easy to do with conservatives who already feel the media (and whatever else, take your pick) is slanted against them. The memo will be the next move.

What's shocking is how far down the rabbit hole the GOP are willing to go with him. I know they want to retain power at all costs, but this crosses lines I never could have imagined.

It's all incredibly transparent, yet so many are willing to believe there is a vast conspiracy among the FBI, a historically conservative establishment, to oust Trump.

The memo will be like everything else they've put forth, a mere smidgen of cherry picked data the Trump sycophants want everybody else to see, while hiding everything else from public view as much as possible.

There were rumblings about Gates about to make a deal today. We'll have to see how that plays out. But it's clear that Mueller's investigation is getting much too close to the sun, while Trump and essentially the majority of the Republican party will do nearly anything to stop it.

Imagine for a moment, if four arrests were made during the Benghazi investigation, and as this happened Obama went 24/7 on the warpath against our intelligence communities and Fox News. All while firing those investigating Hillary and demanding loyalty from those who were part of that prosecution team. Are we sincerely to believe that any of these patriotic, all American conservatives would be fine with this?

Give.me.a.fucking.break.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This a great tweet-thread about how damaging releasing the memo really is. Spoiler: It hurts us all in the long run.

[/embed]

It’s no more damning than all the shit the Dems and FBI have released (leaked). People act like they are leaking the nuclear codes.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Just tonight we’ve learned Nunes has changed the memo. It isn’t the one the White House saw/approved. This will backfire and just drag more folks into the obstruction line of fire.

They claim the changes were for grammar and items the FBI wanted changed. This is what they are claiming.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

[/embed]

It’s no more damning than all the shit the Dems and FBI have released (leaked). People act like they are leaking the nuclear codes.

Exactly. When Obama leftovers were leaking shit, they were patriots. I have no idea what’s in this memo and don’t believe it will negate the Mueller investigation. But I haven’t forgotten Schiff’s conspiracy comments from a year ago. He has no more credibility than Nunes. And since Snowden and mentally ill Bradley Manning are heroes of the left, I’m surprised this memo isn’t getting more support.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really hold Snowden or Manning in high regard. Maybe I've said something here previously that could be construed differently. I dunno. I'm pretty ambivalent about them both.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Oh thank god...i haven't gotten my fix lately.

You and I should create a poll that solely asks white, property owning men whether or not they support Trump. big_smile

Board footer