You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video … uards.html

Student wanted to advocate for armed guards, CNN told him no and gave him a scripted question to ask. Acting in good faith for sure in this dialogue.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
TheMole wrote:
misterID wrote:

No offense, but you don't know what you're talking about. Banning guns would create a black market that's more profitable and dangerous than the drug trade. And guess what, you couldn't track ANY gun. Not to mention the rise in militias and federal standoffs. Our countries are not the same and aren't comparable, not in size, population or dynamics.

What the fuck is so different about the "dynamics"? How does the size of the country impact how you do effective gun control (Australia is almost as big as the US, Canada is bigger)? How does population stop you from reducing the number of deaths by firearm?

Hey dufus, our population and population in relation to guns is COMPLETELY different. Ban guns? There's more guns than people by millions, the trade would get MORE dangerous.

misterID

misterID wrote:
TheMole wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You think a teacher wants the responsibility of having let alone shooting a gun?

Yes. There are plenty who are trained and capable. You could place veterans as guidance counselors. Not all teachers, but there some who are more than capable.

Oh... my... god...

Yes, there might be some... but obviously there's no correlation between wanting to be an educator and wanting to wield a firearm. Making it a requirement, or in any other way a "plus" that gets you hired for the job of teaching impressionable young kids, will obviously lead to worse teachers on average... obviously... I mean... come on...

Hysterical much?... Having more officers and counselors who are there specifically for safety is what I'm talking about. If a teacher wants to carry a gun and is trained, then okay. You just completely lied and misrepresented what I said.

misterID

misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

No offense, but you don't know what you're talking about. Banning guns would create a black market that's more profitable and dangerous than the drug trade. And guess what, you couldn't track ANY gun. Not to mention the rise in militias and federal standoffs. Our countries are not the same and aren't comparable, not in size, population or dynamics.

LOL

EDIT: Sorry, didn’t mean to offend by that comment.

But that very stance, that we don’t know what we’re talking about, is the very reason America will never get past this gun obsession. And it’s sad for the rest of the world to see.

I've spent days laying out facts that you guys ignored, including solutions, that's what I'm talking about.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video … uards.html

Student wanted to advocate for armed guards, CNN told him no and gave him a scripted question to ask. Acting in good faith for sure in this dialogue.

That event was completely exploitive. Like a WWE RAW show where you had the crowds cheering and booing faces and heels. They had 7,000 people there with raw emotions and not so selfless reasons, to deliberately rip them apart. Rubio made a big mistake for going.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

27972141_10155522983666731_6879334087633783767_n.jpg?oh=a0ccd68f980107ed501c81a6a6022749&oe=5B0524A3

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Ohio Sheriff offers firearm training course to interested teachers following Florida shooting.  Is overwhelmed with signups.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-high … 40723.html

"NO TEACHERS WANT TO BE ARMED! I KNOW MY TRUTH!"

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am an American. 

I do own 3 Guns.

I do think we have a gun sickness in our country. We have way too many fuckups with Guns in our country. It is embarrassing to me that we have this issue that other countries do not have.

Yes we have 300,000,000 Guns. I don’t see the need personally to keep pumping out more and more and more etc. How many new guns hit the streets each year? How many rounds of ammo? No country buys more guns than the US. It is a big economy... go to any sporting goods store etc. So there is a lot of money behind all of this.

I am for raising the age to purchase a gun and reducing all clips/magazines to no more than 10 rounds.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am an American. 

I am for raising the age to purchase a gun and reducing all clips/magazines to no more than 10 rounds.

Agree and would go further by having very strict procedures in place in order to own a gun.

It most certainly isn't a fix, but it would be at minimum, a good start.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am an American. 

Agree and would go further by having very strict procedures in place in order to own a gun.

It most certainly isn't a fix, but it would be at minimum, a good start.

Yes! We must make it harder to get the guns for sure!  So the age thing will help with the emotional, angry teenager for sure. The clip thing will help in widespread carnage. The procedure thing will also help Weed out the emotional people because it requires more time and effort.

Board footer