You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

If Obama was under investigation, and a lead investigator texted that he went to a KFC and could SMELL Obama supporters, that Chicago was full of ignorant clone and he was going to get Obama impeached, what would folks be saying?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

If Obama was under investigation, and a lead investigator texted that he went to a KFC and could SMELL Obama supporters, that Chicago was full of ignorant clone and he was going to get Obama impeached, what would folks be saying?

The same things Republicans are now. But I think they’re wrong. Yes, it’s unprofessional. But the IG report found no evidence of wrongdoing or political motivation. I don’t think the Steele dossier was true, but the FBI has a responsibility to give it a valid look to see if anything further is worth investigating. Honestly, is it any surprise a career, federal law man took personal issue with Trump’s claims, bravdo and demeanor during the campaign?

If they want to matyr him, fire him. The guy’s career is over. He had an opinion, like every free person is entitled to.

No one has put forth evidence that Strzok’s personal opinions influenced his work. The IG stated it didn’t.   So people are just bitching because his personal opinion isn’t aligned with their’s.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Something that made me laugh tonight.

Watching the news about the Trump visit to England with my nephew (he's like 35) and he turned around to me and said, and I quote "I'm not even American and I'm embarrassed".     

Have a good weekend folks. 5

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

The committee really wanted a punching bag in Strzok. I’m confused as to why they’d put themselves in such a position unless it was assumed that no matter what occurred their base would interpret it all quite favorably for Gowdy and the gang.

It didn’t come off as the slaughtering they were hoping for to me.   But that’s just me.

At this point even if trump is found guilty of treason and obstruction of justice his rabid base won’t care.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

The same things Republicans are now. But I think they’re wrong. Yes, it’s unprofessional. But the IG report found no evidence of wrongdoing or political motivation. I don’t think the Steele dossier was true, but the FBI has a responsibility to give it a valid look to see if anything further is worth investigating. Honestly, is it any surprise a career, federal law man took personal issue with Trump’s claims, bravdo and demeanor during the campaign?

If they want to matyr him, fire him. The guy’s career is over. He had an opinion, like every free person is entitled to.

No one has put forth evidence that Strzok’s personal opinions influenced his work. The IG stated it didn’t.   So people are just bitching because his personal opinion isn’t aligned with their’s.

That's not what I'm saying, I'm talking about how he's being treated like a hero.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's not what I'm saying, I'm talking about how he's being treated like a hero.

And I'll say again, the Democrats would be calling him a traitor and evidence of bias in the investigation, while Republicans would call him a champion.  We saw the same thing with Benghazi.  We saw the same thing with Clinton's emails.  We saw it with the Kahn's whom this agent tried to use as justification, which I never understood.  Khan and his wife, neither of whom did shit for this country, used their son's tragic death at the behest of Clinton, for a political score at the DNC convention.  The left and apparently Szrok, thinks that being a gold star family grants you immunity from criticism or rebuttal when they advocate a position based solely on that status.  What Trump said about McCain was wrong, criticizing the opinion of the Khan's isn't.

misterID

misterID wrote:
bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

This is why the average American, except those firmly entrenched on the far right, aren’t loving the GOP tax bill.

“Worker pay in the second quarter dropped nearly one percent below its first-quarter level, according to the PayScale Index, one measure of worker pay. When accounting for inflation, the drop is even steeper. Year-over-year, rising prices have eaten up still-modest pay gains for many workers, with the result that real wages fell 1.4 percent from the prior year, according to PayScale.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/worker-wag … st-stocks/

Gas prices? Way up. This alone is erasing most increases in paychecks.

I also found out about another increase in the GOP tax bill recently. My company no longer offers commuter benefits because they can no longer be written off.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/commuters- … -tax-bill/

It’s a good thing I switched jobs in 2017 and got a much higher paying job, because I’d be way down on pay otherwise.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This is why the average American, except those firmly entrenched on the far right, aren’t loving the GOP tax bill.

“Worker pay in the second quarter dropped nearly one percent below its first-quarter level, according to the PayScale Index, one measure of worker pay. When accounting for inflation, the drop is even steeper. Year-over-year, rising prices have eaten up still-modest pay gains for many workers, with the result that real wages fell 1.4 percent from the prior year, according to PayScale.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/worker-wag … st-stocks/

Gas prices? Way up. This alone is erasing most increases in paychecks.

I also found out about another increase in the GOP tax bill recently. My company no longer offers commuter benefits because they can no longer be written off.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/commuters- … -tax-bill/

It’s a good thing I switched jobs in 2017 and got a much higher paying job, because I’d be way down on pay otherwise.

This is the old bait and switch and it happens almost every time.

It’s pathetic...oh yay! Tax cut....the best part is that i don’t think these people know that even when they get a raise they’re still falling behind because the cost of goods outpaces their shitty little pay raises.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Exactly.

Board footer