You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: Slash back in the studio

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/500397/slash … studio.htm

Probably nothing to do with Guns but who knows.

Would a Slash solo record really be on the agenda right now?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Thats the annoying thing with this band, if he's in there for potential Guns stuff then just bloody tell us.

Sadly I doubt he is, but they will happily let us think that.

johndivney wrote:

Just promo for Marshall.

Only repercussion for GnR will be the head honcho gettin upset that these things start rumours/raise expectations, sow dissent. It's not like Slash needs the money or attention..

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Axl will do an AC/DC album with mega tour where he and Angus will pocket vast sums of $$$.
In the meantime Slash & Duff will probably do their fall back projects.
BUT we can still hope that they work up the back cataloge of Axl's tunes

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

14 like a dilligent employee he is.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I figure it's not GNR or they wouldn't be allowed to take photos of it!

That said....I so hope Slash does add some touches to Axl's vault stuff.....it would turn out amazing I'm sure.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

if axl and slash are playing coma and sorry together on stage in 2017, anything is possible.

axl has fully-recorded songs that haven't been released -- we know that for a fact. slash and duff have thousands of ideas and axl has proved he can still sing his fuckin' ass off. if he can sing ac/dc songs like that live, imagine what he can do in the studio!

i think we'll get new music one way or another. there's too much money involved to let this die with 1 world tour.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

if he can sing ac/dc songs like that live, imagine what he can do in the studio!

Yes! This thought makes me happy. Like he sounded amazing on some of that Ac/Dc stuff - like Shoot to Thrill, Givin' The Dog a Bone and so on.

With a new album they could make his parts suit that voice...I think the problem with much of the old GNR stuff is its hard with his current voice...but new songs could be designed to have lots of those screams that can still do and less of the midrange singing he has problems with.

dalethirsty wrote:

i think we'll get new music one way or another. there's too much money involved to let this die with 1 world tour.

I hope so. Logically they could do several album cycles and ride this out for 10 years. But its hard to know with Axl - he hasn't always done what I'd expect to put it mildly lol

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Lilacmess @ GNRTruth found this interview with Mark Tremonti. Looks pretty recent, and confirms Myles is planning another SMKC cycle next year.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

So here's my little fantasy

Rest of this year:

Slash records solos for Axl's vault.
Slash records SMKC.
Axl tinkers with GNR trakcs.

Next Year:
Axl Records Axl/Dc.
SMKC album launch and tour

Year After:
Axl DC album launch and tour.
Perhaps even Axl/DC shows with SMKC opening up?

Year After:

GNR vault album with slash is released
GNR tour to support vault album

Board footer