You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: AFD_30

misterID wrote:

I have no idea what this is as it just popped up on my twitter feed, but a 30th anniversary AFD should be released. That AFD cover looks pretty killer. Looks like it's strictly for Nightrain members. Anyone have info?

C_F5V2pUAAAIktt.jpg

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

That cover is pretty fucking cool.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This is exciting. Looks like multiple disc.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

18337434_10154613981023602_1374373136_n.png?oh=26f9971a06edc160e1a55a8e84c80dce&oe=590F493E

Actually I think the 'multiple disc' thing is the special vinyl turntable slip matt stuff.

Still it does imply a 30th version is happening.

18337169_10154613986783602_1556907594_n.png?oh=e2037ff03f8caf0eeb222190b64e102d&oe=590F7CE3

I assume all this 30 years stuff is going someplace.....

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Honestly, there's alot of demos online. An unreleased song or two would be nice. Personally tho, if they're gonna do it, do it. And just release a whole box set. Two would be epic, GnFnR era, and CD era. Both vaults, drop 'em!!

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

It's weird.

I'm sure the AFD30 would sell better with maybe a remaster and some old demos but those old demos are dreadful.

I'm biased but I want those Chinese leftovers.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Here's some options off my head - you could mix and match any of these:

1. Just a pretty cover
2. Remastered Original Recording
3. Redux Recording - new versions - Perhaps Axl's 99 FinkAFD vocals with new Slash and Duff or some other frankensteined version.
4. Old Demos of Released Songs (YCBM, NR, AFD songs from the era)
5. Old Demos of never released stuff (cornshucker etc)
6. Released but kinda rare stuff - B Sides - Shadow of your love etc
7. old demos we have never heard (do these exist?)
8. CD era songs remixed or redux with slash and duff
9. New modern band single or new EP song
10. Live versions of AFD tracks
11. DVD of 87 era stuff
12. DVD of troubadour reunion

That's all the options I can think of.....I wonder which it will be!!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The AFD/LIES tracks on the GH were remastered and they sound fantastic, so the whole album should get the remastered treatment. Maybe throw Patience and You're Crazy acoustic on there. Maybe some new tracks. I'm not sure whet else they have in the vault from that era they could throw on there. Maybe that rumored Hanoi Rocks track from TSI?

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

Beggars can't be choosers but if you don't release AFD material on your AFD30... you're... breaking the rules. Or something.

It could be some new box set release as a sort of Compilation but doesn't seem like the likely option on the smorgasbord of already unlikely possibilities.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Agreed.

Although I can see an option where if they only had 1 or 2 new songs this could be a way to reinvigorate the tour without the pressure for a full album - just piggy back it to an AFD remaster.

So like

Disc 1 - AFD Remaster
Disc 2 - 2 New Songs and Some B Side Stuff (Shadow of Your Love etc)/ Live Stuff

Then a collectors pack with a 3rd disc of a DVD of Ritz or some type of AFD era show or something.

Then launch it in support of another 18 months of touring etc. The show can be mostly AFD cos it's the aniversary..and the 1 or 2 new songs shuts up the media.

Board footer