You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: AFD_30

esoterica wrote:

The band sounded pretty not great on the songs I listened to.

It's always cool to hear Sorry.

The Seeker is fun I don't mind it.

Carry on.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hahaha I actually enjoy seeker much more with Slash than I did with the DJ band. It's rockier.

It's not personal to the seeker.

I'm just trying to understand why they promoted this for months in advance with #afd30 just to do the normal setlist with no guests and no special announcements or anything abnormal.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Hahaha I actually enjoy seeker much more with Slash than I did with the DJ band. It's rockier.

It's not personal to the seeker.

I'm just trying to understand why they promoted this for months in advance with #afd30 just to do the normal setlist with no guests and no special announcements or anything abnormal.

This wasn't promoted for months. The concert was announced a month ago and only within the past week did AFD30 billboards start going up. I thought the most we would've gotten tonight would've been some guest appearances, and not even necessarily AFD related. But the fact that it was the same show does not surprise me in the least.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Ok maybe not months but for weeks they promoted the shit out of the radio channel...and they keep going on about #afd30 and whatever....all so they can ignore the 30th of it?

It's just bizzare even for them.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Nothing new ? no Izzy ? no Steven ? basically, same shit, different day!!!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I wasn't necessarily expecting Izzy or Steven given the politics...but you'd think on a special radio broadcast for #afd30th that they'd promoted as the 30th anniversary show they'd have done something unusual rather than just ignore the anniversary.

It's the psychology of it that worries me, it just shows they are absolutely lightyears away from doing anything new at all.

At every chance to vary things up they almost always just do the most default thing possible.

Looks like we might get Axl/Dc and Slash with Myles next year - that's probably the closest to new GNR music we'll hear for 3+ years at this stage.

And then i wouldn't rule out Axl doing one last retirement leg instead.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

I was n`t expecting them either. I was just laughing at morons who did.

For fuck`s sake Axl, what the fuck are you doing ? at least Izzy should have been there you lazy, fat fuck.

Pool the plug on Guns` and focus on AC/DC or do something else, I don`t know....

I listened to the snippets and I did n`t believe what I was hearing. He sounds dreadful, band has no groove whatsoever, Frank just sucks sack him already. Slash is the only saving grace even though he`s bored as fuck.

For Christ`s sake, end GNR now. Don`t torture the corpse anymore. It`s beyond inhuman at this point....

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah it's a real case of Axl can still sing some of the songs and not others.

Like he's ok on Jungle and Nightrain or reasonable anyway - but some like yesterdays he's just scarily bad. Basically if Axl's tone worries you then you're limited to watching like 1/2 the set now.

Frank used to be ok back in the 2000s but he really seems to fuck up a lot now.

As you said Slash is really the only thing saving the day from absolute disaster. The tragic bit is the stuff with him and forus is really good. Makes me realise what they could still do in the studio etc if anyone gave a shit in the band lol

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I love the Slash/Fortus Wish you were here/Layla jam, there's real chemistry.

Anyway yeah, expected the same show and that's what we got. I suppose it's promo for the US dates as much as anything.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

to me it seems that Fortus is the only guy onstage who always keeps his huge grin. the others seem to be hardly interested at all and bored as hell. this is becoming more and more embarassing (and I thought the 2012-14 stint was the rock bottom... it wasn't).

Board footer