You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Facebook Announcement

I mean everyone has their own tastes.  Out Ta Get me is my least favorite GN'R song.  I hate that it gets played at every show, but I know some people fucking love it.  Coma being played last year was fucking awesome.  If they'd play Locomotive live I think I'd lose my shit.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I mean everyone has their own tastes.  Out Ta Get me is my least favorite GN'R song.  I hate that it gets played at every show, but I know some people fucking love it.  Coma being played last year was fucking awesome.  If they'd play Locomotive live I think I'd lose my shit.

Axl probably scared to sing it. Out Ta Get Me is usually a skip for me. When you come off the Nightrain high, Mr. Brownstone just makes more sense. But OTGM is still a good song. The most overlooked and underrated GN'R song is Think About You. Wish they played it more back in the day.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl is getting double the rate Slash and Duff are. He could have come off HIS to bring in Adler and Izzy. He chose not to... why is it up to Slash and Duff to take even less and Axl not budge??

Who says that's the way any of this has happened? I never said Duff and Slash should take less and Axl stays the same. Maybe, just maybe, the three of them combined didn't want to take less to include Izzy and Steven. And let's not forget the reliability factor here. When was the last time Izzy and Steven completed a massive worldwide tour over multiple years? Would it be a smart business decision to throw millions of dollars at them and hope for the best? And does Axl just kick Frank and Richard to the curb after their years of loyalty and reliability? Lots of things to consider, other than what was great 30 years ago.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Do Pearl Jam fans bitch to this day about Dave Krusen? Or Dave Abrusessze? Is the only proper way for them to tour with Krusen to play the Ten tracks and Abru to play Vs. and Vitalogy?

Pretty iconic albums there for a huge band, but I gather their fanbase is relatively content. The issue with this band is they have given us 16 studio tracks since 1994. 23 fucking years.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

On a side note, went into an FYE for the first time in about 15 years and they had a handful of classic live discs from the band. Picked up "In the Empire of the Sun" from Tokyo 88 and Deer Creek 1991. Shocked to find them. Never knew the existed.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'll be at the Oakland show. As you guys know, my cancer scare paralyzed me last year and I had to skip my area's show. Seeing them in an arena will be much better and while I saw GNR in 91(Izzy for the win!), seeing them again can be scratched off my bucket list. I also had a feeling they wouldn't come to my area again until 2018 so I'm happy with the news.

On the other hand, I am a bit surprised that it appears that GNR and the record company are going to let the anniversary pass with no release. Technically there is still a bit of time.

A release isn't required now but it would be great to get something this year. I know one thing, I can officially stop comparing it to Soundgarden's reunion  now. We're only 13 months in to this reunion but with SG at this point in the timeline, we had Telephantasm, Live on I5, and were getting Live to Rise ready to launch.

FlashFlood wrote:

On a side note, went into an FYE for the first time in about 15 years and they had a handful of classic live discs from the band. Picked up "In the Empire of the Sun" from Tokyo 88 and Deer Creek 1991. Shocked to find them. Never knew the existed.

Wait a minute......corporate stores are selling bootlegs from the 90s?!? 18

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

James, I am glad they announced these shows if for no other reason than fans like yourself get to see them. Life is full of second chances and it's good they are coming to your area pretty soon.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl is getting double the rate Slash and Duff are. He could have come off HIS to bring in Adler and Izzy. He chose not to... why is it up to Slash and Duff to take even less and Axl not budge??

Who says that's the way any of this has happened? I never said Duff and Slash should take less and Axl stays the same. Maybe, just maybe, the three of them combined didn't want to take less to include Izzy and Steven. And let's not forget the reliability factor here. When was the last time Izzy and Steven completed a massive worldwide tour over multiple years? Would it be a smart business decision to throw millions of dollars at them and hope for the best? And does Axl just kick Frank and Richard to the curb after their years of loyalty and reliability? Lots of things to consider, other than what was great 30 years ago.

Why I said get ADLER AND SORUM!!!

And keep Richard but feature Izzy on AFD shit if he wanted to do it. I mean FUCK!!!!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Do Pearl Jam fans bitch to this day about Dave Krusen? Or Dave Abrusessze? Is the only proper way for them to tour with Krusen to play the Ten tracks and Abru to play Vs. and Vitalogy?

Pretty iconic albums there for a huge band, but I gather their fanbase is relatively content. The issue with this band is they have given us 16 studio tracks since 1994. 23 fucking years.

Is Pearl Jam on a reunion tour? Or is that GNR?  Horrible comparison. PJ has been consistent as fuck.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Amazing need to find these!!

Board footer