You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: New Tour Dates Added

esoterica wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Why the fuck are GNR playing James Brown]

I always thought covering Christina Aguilera via solo spot despite Axl's affections for her singing was pretty terrible.

James Lofton wrote:

That tribute to Campbell is actually pretty good though. Feels like a new song....

I'm hardly a Slash devotee and think some solos have been mediocre but he's carrying the tour at this point.

I enjoyed it. I'd rather have it than any of the other covers they do including Let Die and Knockin.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I watched that James brown video again. Dear God they do look bored....especially Duff.

This tour has went on a loooong time....and its not stopping. They're probably on auto pilot at this point.

In their defense, I don't watch whole shows and barely check one or two clips...usually the title track. Not really fair to criticize when seeing so little and besides, people can have off nights. I've seen Soundgarden shows when they're not in the best of moods either.

To show how little I've watched....

I think Axl singing Big Shot with Billy Joel was the GNR highlight of 2017.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

I feel like I'm in a Twilight Zone episode, in all honesty.

I listened to the Vegas and Coachella soundboards which everyone raved about and Axl sounded quite poor. The Apollo gig had some improved band cohesion and much needed improvisation but I can't exactly say it was music to the ears.

The candle is being burnt down to it's absolute limit. Axl was brought out of hiding by the lure of big money, nothing more, nothing less, and as our departed friend Anton Kandinsky taught us, "BIG MONEY LOVES SILENCE". If you don't believe me, take a look at that January 2016 photo. Does that look like a guy with a fire in his belly, inspired to drop CD II on the world? No. This is about survival. Doing whatever it takes to finish the tour to fulfill the contract and rake in the cheese.

It's why you're seeing a fire sale on the Guns N' Roses brand at LA boutiques and pop-up shops. This is it. Everything must go.

Guns N' Roses was here.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

To add to that, I think these killer guest appearances he does(Billy Joel, AC/DC) is more about bucket list items and performing with artists/bands he loves before its too late. AC/DC a major influence....he has now been their lead singer for a major tour. Spent his teen years/early 20s listening to Billy Joel....he now sings a song in front of a packed to the rafters Joel crowd he listened to on the radio in high school.

While we might not get a GNR album, I don't think we've seen the end of these types of surprises. Copacabana with Manilow? Shot Me Down with Nazareth? LALD with McCartney?

Stay tuned....

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

I think someone who Axl trusts got through to him. It's like he finally accepted the "you're Axl fucking Rose" sentiment that so many had tried to reach him with for so long. You have to think that Angus probably talked some sense into him.

The AC/DC, Billy Joel, what have yous seemed something like Axl rebuilding his personal legacy in my view and less so bucket list items although it could very well be.

It's a US Tour right now but if they were across the pond, I'd say get Brian on Catcher for the sake of justice and Jeff Lynne onstage for Axl.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

I write Axl off as uninspired unless there`s new music from him be it Guns`, AC/DC, new band, solo or whatever.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

You have to think that Angus probably talked some sense into him.

now that you say it, i bet angus spoke to axl unlike anybody else had for years at that point.

i could only imagine their conversation. it probably woke axl the fuck up out of the wacky dreamland in his head that he created together with beta. i wonder if he called him a wanker?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

They played Catcher last night in Vancouver.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Nice

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Mickey is loud and proud.

Board footer