You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Bobby "the brain" Heenan has passed

mitchejw wrote:

While it appears Ric Flair has dodged a bullet, we lost a different legend on Sunday.

Wwe.com

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That's sad...although I think his health has been dire for some time hadn't it? Wouldn't want him to suffer.

The brain was the quintessential wrestling manager though.

Absolutely loved his performances as hogan's nemesis in the 1980s.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

That's sad...although I think his health has been dire for some time hadn't it? Wouldn't want him to suffer.

Yes it's true...he contracted throat  cancer somehow and unfortunately they had removed significant portions of his jaw and throat. If I knew how to post an image, I'd post a pic of roddy piper and Heenan taken shortly before roddy died.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yes it's true...he contracted throat  cancer somehow and unfortunately they had removed significant portions of his jaw and throat. If I knew how to post an image, I'd post a pic of roddy piper and Heenan taken shortly before roddy died.

OMG, that's absolutely heart wrenching

D9vilpa.jpg

Can't even make out its him, at all. Would never put that together?.  Pipper looked great in it too, could've passed for 45.

**(Mitch all you do to post an image is grab the URL of the image (from google image search, or right click the image, copy image address,  then when you click the IMG button above the post box, two [IMG .] boxes appear in your post, just paste the URL in between them. )

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, he's looked this way for a while. He is an absolute legend sad

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Terrible news and he looks horrendous in that pic...I had no idea

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Terrible news and he looks horrendous in that pic...I had no idea

It's unfortunate because there has been criticism for year that the WWF/E could have done more for him. I'm not sure if they did or didn't do anything for him. They certainly haven't acknowledged him in years. It's a tough spot...I'm not sure he was interested in attention.

In any case, I was hearing reports of fanfests saying Heenan was no-showing committed dates. It's sad because it's almost like everyone knew he was on his last legs.

It's a wonder he lasted as long as he did looking like that.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, I don't think WWE or any amount of healthcare/treatment could've helped him any more. It says he was first diagnosed 2002?  Thats an awfully long time to live, and I don't think Throat cancer is very treatable aside from the options he took (jaw removal/esophogos). Looks devastating, and like he's been thru it all.

Funny, I googled a bit for the pic & info on him, like Neemo I had no idea. A poster on a reddit thread said 'He called my Mom a cheap slut when I was 7 years old at a house show' or something like that. Pretty funny, but yeah he was great. Life is short. He had about 15 years of fame, and 15 years of horror, hope he enjoyed it tho.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, I don't think WWE or any amount of healthcare/treatment could've helped him any more. It says he was first diagnosed 2002?  Thats an awfully long time to live, and I don't think Throat cancer is very treatable aside from the options he took (jaw removal/esophogos). Looks devastating, and like he's been thru it all.

Funny, I googled a bit for the pic & info on him, like Neemo I had no idea. A poster on a reddit thread said 'He called my Mom a cheap slut when I was 7 years old at a house show' or something like that. Pretty funny, but yeah he was great. Life is short. He had about 15 years of fame, and 15 years of horror, hope he enjoyed it tho.

Just curious...is throat cancer associated with chewing tobacco or anything else? It just seems like a rare place kind of cancer.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I read that a cause can be smoking & drinking (concurrently). Apparently alchohol sorta tears away at the cells of the throat, leaving the cigarette smoke to affect newer virgin cells (or something like that). Anyway the combining of the two is more than each individually. I know chewing tobacco is terrible for you, but I think thats more lip & gum/mouth cancer, but myb throat too.

Pretty sure Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys had a form of throat cancer (lymph nodes?) and I remember the basist for Soul Asylum died very young (40ish?) after news broke he had throat or mouth cancer.

Board footer