You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

Re: melissa & brain perform sorry remix at nba halftime show

dalethirsty wrote:

well this is really fuckin' random and interesting

cavs & rockets played yesterday (cavs lost)

during halftime, melissa reese showed up with brain to play a really chill, modern sounding version of sorry

melissa on vocals & keyboard w/ brain on the mpc

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbTEa15j77P/

i'd actually really love to hear a full studio version of this

it's really comforting to know brain is still down with the guns camp -- hopefully we hear his original shit on the next record

plus, as long as brain and axl are cool, there's always the possibility of bucket coming back in some shape or form

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:

Well, that was unexpected. Kinda bums me out that Axl & Brain are apparently still tight, and that he isn't behind the kit over Frank. If Adler is obviously out of the equation, he's probably my second favorite Guns drummer.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

I do not remember where, but read a comment ''in 2018 is the meeting of the 2002 lineup''.
Lol, it would be crazy.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

during halftime, melissa reese showed up with brain to play a really chill, modern sounding version of sorry

it's really comforting to know brain is still down with the guns camp -- hopefully we hear his original shit on the next record

plus, as long as brain and axl are cool, there's always the possibility of bucket coming back in some shape or form

would be cool to hear a studio full version of that
that being said, no matter who sings the line, but I dont want to do it, it sounds dumb lol

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

she also sang the national anthem

f6DFhpN.png

it'd be pretty cool if melissa blew up

axl would be smart to record a duet type deal with her and release it as a single

she could honestly make guns relevant to an entirely new demographic

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Wtf was that shit...? Was it promoted as a GNR member performance? Just seems weird.

As for Axl duetting with Melissa to gain a new audience...? Somehow I don’t think so

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

I gotta ask, honestly, why would you want Bucket back?

Axl had his chance to do something new and different with the Bucket line up 15 years ago, and he didn’t aside from the half assed eventual release of CD. I doubt he’ll do anything with that leftover stuff now.

And if that’s the case, might as well stick with the classic Guns sound they were so good at, especially with Slash and Duff back.

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:

I think like a one-off appearance for Bucket on TWAT or Prostitute could be cool, like Finck a few years ago at the HOB show, but definitely not a full return. Granted, nobody but the hardcore fans would give a shit.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Horrible.

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Walker wrote:

Melissa and Brain worked on the remixes so this was incredible to hear. Now i want the Axl version!

Board footer