You are not logged in. Please register or login.

auad
 Rep: 3 

Re: DIZZY REED To Release 'Rock 'N Roll Ain't Easy' Solo Album In February

auad wrote:

GUNS N' ROSES keyboardist Dizzy Reed will release his debut solo album, "Rock 'N Roll Ain't Easy", on February 16 on digital, CD and purple vinyl via Golden Robot Records.

The first single from the disc, "This Don't Look Like Vegas", can be streamed below.

Written by Reed, Ricky Warwick (THIN LIZZY, THE ALMIGHTY, BLACK STAR RIDERS) and Del James, "This Don't Look Like Vegas" features Warwick and Mayuko Okai on guitar, with GUNS bandmate Richard Fortus (PSYCHELIC FURS, THIN LIZZY, THE DEAD DAISIES) providing the guitar solo. Mike Dupke (W.A.S.P.) is on drums, with Mike Duda (W.A.S.P.) on bass, while Reed handles lead vocals, piano, shaker and tambourine, with backing vocals from Nadja Reed, Chela Johnson and Del James.

"Rock 'N Roll Ain't Easy" is 12 tracks (or 13, if you download the digital version) of rock with Reed uniting with fellow members of GUNS N' ROSES, along with some other greats, including players from W.A.S.P., QUIET RIOT, PSYCHEDELIC FURS, THIN LIZZY, NO DOUBT, THE REPLACEMENTS, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, and more.

Reed is the longest-serving member of GN'R after singer Axl Rose. He joined the band as a touring member in 1990, during the "Use Your Illusion" era, and has played with most of the original members as well as in all the later editions of the group and the current reunion lineup.

The Pulse Of Radio asked Reed how he's managed to stay in the band for so long. "I get asked that a lot and it's really just, I just never really thought about doing anything else, you know, on sort of a permanent basis," he said. "You know, I kind of feel like I'm in GUNS N' ROSES and that's where I was meant to be."

In the world of music, GUNS N' ROSES need no introduction. Few bands in history have achieved the level of success and recognition that GN'R has. The addition of Reed marked a stylistic turning point in the band's maturity, incorporating piano and the epic tones of the Hammond B-3 into their aggressive hard rock sound.

In 2012, Dizzy was inducted into the the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame as a member of GUNS N' ROSES. He has toured with the PSYCHEDELIC FURS and has toured, recorded and written with supergroup THE DEAD DAISIES whose lineup has featured members of THE CULT, MÖTLEY CRÜE, WHITESNAKE, THE ROLLING STONES and THIN LIZZY. He also sings lead vocals with his side project HOOKERS 'N' BLOW. On surviving and flourishing in rock's 'sharky' waters, he says: "Never stop learning and exploring, but don't forget what you do best. Stick to your guns."

"Rock 'N Roll Ain't Easy" track listing:

01. This Don't Look Like Vegas
02. Mother Theresa
03. Cheers 2 R Oblivion
04. Fragile Water
05. Dirty Bomb
06. Mystery In Exile
07. I Celebrate
08. Understanding
09. Crestfallen
10. Forgotten Cases
11. Reparations
12. Rock 'N' Roll Ain't Easy

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n … uM4u1PF.99

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Ughh... not for me that.

Every cliche imaginable used and that piano sounds dreadful

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Walker wrote:

Was Silent Lite a working title? And Sea Monkeys? Dirty Bomb and Cheers To Our Oblivion are amazing.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I assume this is a joke...

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I kind of liked it. hmm

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I kind of liked it. hmm

Agreed. I mean, it's not earth-shattering or anything but I'd hardly call it offensive either.

The chorus reminded me of 'No More Mr. Nice Guy' by Alice Cooper.

I've heard much worse solo efforts from other (present and former) GN'R members.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

CSS 2.0 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I kind of liked it. hmm

Agreed. I mean, it's not earth-shattering or anything but I'd hardly call it offensive either.

I've heard much worse solo efforts from other (present and former) GN'R members.

It actually reminded me of “you got another thing coming” by Judas Priest.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Its not terrible. I'm not sure I'd wanna deal with a whole album of it, as its just cookie cutter immitation LA Guns type stuff.

Got Another Thing Coming is a good analogy. Same with No More, Mr Niceguy. Obviously its not gonna be a hit song or anything, but its better than I'd have expected upon reading "Dizzy Reeds new band releases new song"

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I mean, I'll probably stream it. And listen to Fortus and Dizzy and Frank and squint a bit and pretend that it could be a GN'R track.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I kind of liked it. hmm

It actually reminded me of “you got another thing coming” by Judas Priest.

I definitely heard "You Got Another Thing Coming."

It's a harmless song, but I'm not gonna seek it out again. One listen about does it.

Board footer