You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Black Panther

misterID wrote:

Anyone planning on seeing this?

Looks like it'll be getting The Last Jedi treatment, where it gets great reviews just for being diverse. Hopefully it's better than TLJ, which was absolute garbage. I'm going to stay away from any reviews, there's no way anyone has the balls to give it a negative review. I heard people are intentionally wanting to sabotage it's user ratings, which is lame.

I like the director and lead actor, and I think he'll take it serious..... unlike Rian Johnson.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I’m going to go see it because I see all marvel movies. A lot of my black friends are treating this like it’s Roots. I don’t think they’ve made a bad marvel movie since iron man 3, so I’m sure it’ll be good. But it’ll quickly be eclipsed by Infinity Wars.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Anyone planning on seeing this?

Looks like it'll be getting The Last Jedi treatment, where it gets great reviews just for being diverse. Hopefully it's better than TLJ, which was absolute garbage. I'm going to stay away from any reviews, there's no way anyone has the balls to give it a negative review. I heard people are intentionally wanting to sabotage it's user ratings, which is lame.

I like the director and lead actor, and I think he'll take it serious..... unlike Rian Johnson.

Kind of like how that average move “Get Out” is up for best picture or some Shit. Lol. That movie was “okay” but nothing special.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It got a bad review... And people lost their shit.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

It got a bad review... And people lost their shit.

Black people seem to think this movie is some huge cultural event. I’m going to go see it, but short of it winning an academy award, the Shaun King types are going to bitch. Hell, if it won they’d still bitch.

Now I’m going to go back to playing with my Superman toys and contemplate how Krypton some how is reflective of the white race and my personal accomplishments.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Im not really big on superhero or comic book movies. Myb catch this on netflix or redbox but not a must see for me.

Whatever happened to Superman/Man of Steel?  I liked the first one, it was good. Borderline, but I felt it was good enough to warrant a sequel. Did they give up on it & gonna start over?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Im not really big on superhero or comic book movies. Myb catch this on netflix or redbox but not a must see for me.

Whatever happened to Superman/Man of Steel?  I liked the first one, it was good. Borderline, but I felt it was good enough to warrant a sequel. Did they give up on it & gonna start over?

He is too white.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:

Batman v Superman became the sequel when DC rushed to kickstart the Justice League to get in on the Avengers action. I really liked it. Didn’t care for Justice League, but that’s because they undid a lot of Zack Snyder’s film to make it more audience friendly.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

So there won't be a Man of Steel 2?  Not unless they reboot it?  Bummer.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:

So there won't be a Man of Steel 2?  Not unless they reboot it?  Bummer.

I mean, he was in Batman v Superman and Justice League. I’m sure he’ll have his own solo film at some point.

Board footer