You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: New Slash solo album with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators incoming

Between this and the news that Angus is working on a new AC/DC album for Axl to sing on, I guess that puts paid to any GN'R album happening in the next, ooh, decade or so.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/slash-2018-album/

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Nlgr2vP.jpg

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Maybe Axl guest vocal spot?

I'm a fool.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

FlashFlood wrote:

Maybe Axl guest vocal spot?

I'm a fool.

I mean I'd say they would never do that, 'cause that'd be killing the golden goose – people have waited years to hear the two of them on a studio record again, and that'll be worth top dollar. But then, Axl defies logic; his first studio vocal in a decade was a random guest spot on a Sebastian Bach solo album.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Dissappointed with this.

Admittedly it’s only one show and album announced I think for Slash and Myles so it may only be a limited live run. However the pieces seem to be lining up more to Axl/DC following the summer GNR tour than a new GNR album.

Axl/DC is cool and not a bad consolation assuming it happens but it’s new GNR stuff I want first and foremost.

Assuming a typical album/tour cycle from AC/DC starting next year we’re probably looking at 2021 at the earliest for a chance of GNR music.

auad
 Rep: 3 

auad wrote:

Does anyone here remember any chorus of some song from slash's latest cd? right now?

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
auad wrote:

Does anyone here remember any chorus of some song from slash's latest cd? right now?

*Nasally voice*
"Anastaaaaaaazzzzia, Annnastazzzeeeeeia, Annastazzzzzzzzschuh!"

Repeat x10 and/or until your ears are bleeding

That's all I got

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ That was the album prior. Still some of his best playing too.

For me it's the fact that I DO LIKE the songs slash writes that makes it hard.

They're what would have been the UYI style rockers just without Axl's lyrics.

We've been experiencing this our whole lives - "Dime Store Rock" on it's "It's 5'Oclock Somewhere",  Eponymous album's "By The Sword", i could list songs from Every slash release that would have made amazing GNR tracks if only they would co-operate.

I want to be positive about this - when you think artists only put out so much in their life time - in a way any release is a good release - but it's hard not to see the opportunity cost for GNR.

Still - if the alternative is silence and retirement I'll take it - I think an Axl/Dc album will turn out to be a huge rock record, and love him or hate him - myles and slash play well together - the only issue is that you'd assume realistically if they tour these projects that will be an 18 month cycle at the least - if Ac/Dc really takes off it could easily be 2 years.

Then factor in at least a 3-6 month break a couple of times, then regrouping time to consider writing/recording for a new GNR project and it starts to look very far away even if they did display the desire to do it - I mean that can easily blow out to 2022 or later.

I know i'm negative and anxious and say this all the time - but I look at these guys medical backgrounds with the lifestyles they led and I wonder how many years of prime health are left in the tank.

I'd take the solo projects over nothing of course and i'll probably really love them - but yeah - one day we will wake up to the news a new GNR record is actually impossible - so with every passing year it gets harder to watch the inaction as a fan.

johndivney wrote:

GnR is His solo project.
Fernando & the Lebeis/Bailey estate will reap the benefit.

Retirement would’ve been a better alternative. He couldn’t afford to retire tho. Such is the life of the last rock star.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
auad wrote:

*Nasally voice*
"Anastaaaaaaazzzzia, Annnastazzzeeeeeia, Annastazzzzzzzzschuh!"

Repeat x10 and/or until your ears are bleeding

That's all I got

Board footer