You are not logged in. Please register or login.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: Unseen footage Pro Shot - Saskatoon, SK, Ca 1993

zombux wrote:

holy hell... THAT was the least GNR-ish thing I've seen in a long time, yet probably the most UYI-ish, if you know what I mean!
fantastic. crazy. twisted. and MIGHTY.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Sucky

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

We are all accustomed to the movements of the band and especially Axl (maybe just me) during the songs, precisely because we do not have much material in visual quality. But those videos made some difference and that was pretty cool. Some peculiarities that are idiosyncratic of specific music.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I think anti UYI tour bias comes from the Japan videos. Soooooo uninspired. Should have done the Indiana gig or Chicago.

THIS.

If a fan didn't either go to a show back then or get a bootleg, all you had of GNR at the time was this show on VHS.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Chicago is incredible. Maybe the best setlist they ever did. 9

Axl's shaved lady legs in that screen cap make me feel uncomfortable. 16

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Chicago is incredible. Maybe the best setlist they ever did. 9

I've always thought so, but I figured it was because I was close enough to Slash that he could have fallen on me.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

There’s a ton of shows they could have gone for instead of Tokyo. It’s a bland souless show to me with low energy. Nightrain felt too slow on that video as well but maybe I’m just more used to the faster tempo of recent years.

That Garden video was a fucking trip. Not sure I’m keen on Axls expressive dance but it was different 16

Nice to see some 93 footage, it’s kind of the forgotten part of the UYI era. Most of the noteable stuff was in 91 or 92. The 93 part of the tour barely gets mentioned but it was great for UYI deep cuts.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Nice to see some 93 footage, it’s kind of the forgotten part of the UYI era. Most of the noteable stuff was in 91 or 92. The 93 part of the tour barely gets mentioned but it was great for UYI deep cuts.

They pretty much flew under the radar in 93. Grunge was in full swing, other musical stuff going on, and the big dogs like GNR, Metallica, etc. weren't getting a lot of mainstream press, at least not on this side of the pond.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

More importantly wasn’t that the “Skin N’ Bones” tour where they dropped most of the fluff from their shows and I think added an acoustic set in the middle? Must have realized the 1940s big-band Move to the City rendition wasn’t really meshing with the youth of 93...

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

More importantly wasn’t that the “Skin N’ Bones” tour where they dropped most of the fluff from their shows and I think added an acoustic set in the middle? Must have realized the 1940s big-band Move to the City rendition wasn’t really meshing with the youth of 93...

yes, that's why generally nobody cared much about 93 (including myself). but this particular show looks nice!

Board footer