You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Unseen footage Pro Shot - Saskatoon, SK, Ca 1993

monkeychow wrote:

Probably different over here.

93 was a big deal in Australia cos the show finally rolled into town.

There was a lot of hysteria on the news about if we'd see riots and so on and the types of people who might go to such things!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Pretty good Opinion piece on the leaving out of OIAM. I gotta say, if anyone thinks they're 'doing wrong' or 'burying history' over this, thats just a weak POV. We all change, and have regrets. The present is the time to do what we can't change from the past.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/201 … e#comments

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
zombux wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

More importantly wasn’t that the “Skin N’ Bones” tour where they dropped most of the fluff from their shows and I think added an acoustic set in the middle? Must have realized the 1940s big-band Move to the City rendition wasn’t really meshing with the youth of 93...

yes, that's why generally nobody cared much about 93 (including myself). but this particular show looks nice!

Who didn’t care about 1993? That was peak GNR in many ways

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-gXJ5UllhQ&feature

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
zombux wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

More importantly wasn’t that the “Skin N’ Bones” tour where they dropped most of the fluff from their shows and I think added an acoustic set in the middle? Must have realized the 1940s big-band Move to the City rendition wasn’t really meshing with the youth of 93...

yes, that's why generally nobody cared much about 93 (including myself). but this particular show looks nice!

Who didn’t care about 1993? That was peak GNR in many ways

Other than TSI which didn't set the world on fire, they were out of sight out of mind.

My GNR highlights of 93 are TSI and Believe in Me. I didn't find out about the show in my area until after it was over.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

i am about to watch the everloving fuck out of this!

a proshot of them doing acoustic songs on the couch? never thought we'd see that.

hopefully uncle axl takes a look at the fan reaction between the locked and loaded boxset and this and smartens up a bit.

vipicius

vipicius wrote:

https://twitter.com/gnrfrance/status/995428219603030018

vipicius

vipicius wrote:

I just came back from 1993, from a Guns show in Canada. You know?! cool

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
kermit the Trump wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Nice to see some 93 footage, it’s kind of the forgotten part of the UYI era. Most of the noteable stuff was in 91 or 92. The 93 part of the tour barely gets mentioned but it was great for UYI deep cuts.

They pretty much flew under the radar in 93. Grunge was in full swing, other musical stuff going on, and the big dogs like GNR, Metallica, etc. weren't getting a lot of mainstream press, at least not on this side of the pond.

Maybe in the US they weren’t. But in 1993 GNR played the largest outdoor concerts ever staged in Australia in two of our biggest cities. Metallica sold out multiple nights on their tour here in 93 too.

Even by the years end hype was pretty huge in the lead up to the release of TSI as well.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I wish I had lived in a region that gave a shit about TSI's release.

But in 1993 GNR played the largest outdoor concerts ever staged in Australia in two of our biggest cities. Metallica sold out multiple nights on their tour here in 93 too.

Both did shows here too. Not sure if they sold out but they probably did. My point is that they simply weren't getting coverage for it here. Both those bands were massive in 91. Same in 92. The drop off in 93 was huge even with the touring chugging forward.

Board footer