You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: new gnr song debuted

dave-gnfnr wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qcR2GKOrTM

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

bizarre but quite cool.
I think more likely AC DC or a studio band. Sure as hell doesn't sound like GNR to me

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Well Axls says his band isnt here meaning GNR, so its probably Axl singing with a studio band. Really hope Axl didnt come up with the lyrics because they were pretty terrible.  At least Axl sounds half way decent in the studio.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

Well, I look forward to hearing with a better quality. I liked it and I mean I'm glad this little thing happened.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

The cell phone recording where you can’t hear anything is better than this.

But I’m glad Axl is out there doing... something again.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Well Axls says his band isnt here meaning GNR, so its probably Axl singing with a studio band. Really hope Axl didnt come up with the lyrics because they were pretty terrible.  At least Axl sounds half way decent in the studio.

the guitar is pretty great. sounds like someone very talented trying to impersonate slash. same for the very angus young-ish lyrics.

axl sounds KILLER. he needs to get that voice on a new single ASAP.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Agree the lyrics sound very ACDC.

The whole thing is kinda bizarre given the lack of new anything from Axl, then this.  But at the same time it's probably just a fun thing to do on the side for him so why not.  Just hope the rumours of Slash et al working on existing Chinese material is accurate, as I would take that in a heart beat over nothing.  The complete lack of back catalogue from these guys is the biggest travesty over the years.  Obviously completely new stuff with them working together creatively would be the ultimate but if it's reheated Chinese leftovers, I'll take that for now.

Of course what would have been funnier is if the cartoon wasn't Looney Tunes but rather Mickey Mouse 14  Although to be fair his vocals sounded fine to me.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Is this actually GN’R though? Or just Axl singing with some random backing musicians?

How bizarre...

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

According to the tweet and the screeshots.

End of the Mystery: The song Axl sings in the New Looney Tunes episode was written by Joshua Funk and Rob Janas. Joshua's Twitter bio says he "writes songs for Wabbit" (another name for Looney Tunes).

Neither GN'R, nor AC/DC. Only Axl.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

so... technically it's the first Axl Rose solo song, or is it rather a guest vocal appearance, similar to GTA San Andreas or Angel Down or something like that?

Board footer