You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: 3 new Bucket cds!

James wrote:

Some of his tracks can be 20 or 30 minutes long. So its probably just one really long song on each CD.

I am a big BH fan, and I will admit he is taking things too far. I don't even bother buying his stuff anymore because he's just flooding the market with so much shit there's no way for me to be able to gauge which releases might be the ones I would like.

He needs to tone it down and give his fans a rest. Let us catch up on some of this stuff he's released already.

Deniz
 Rep: 1 

Deniz wrote:

I never heard much BH music before except for the gn'r stuff. I'm dloading bansheboot now, i'd appreciate it  if anyone would pm me a bunch of their fav.  BH songs 19 .

I kinda like his attutide towards the music industry. Imagine GN'R offically releasing every session, every jam, every concert dvd 11 . But yeah a Best of '07 from BH would be nice.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm not getting this new box set, but I think there's a method to his madness. I'm guessing he's spending most of 08 touring, not releasing stuff.

Secondly, no offense to anyone, but complaining about Bucket releasing too much stuff when we complain about Axl releasing none, that's a bit hypocritical. Which way do you want it? If this were GNR, we'd be creaming our jeans and licking Axl's balls up, down and all around.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Secondly, no offense to anyone, but complaining about Bucket releasing too much stuff when we complain about Axl releasing none, that's a bit hypocritical. Which way do you want it? If this were GNR, we'd be creaming our jeans and licking Axl's balls up, down and all around.

If Axl or MIA released a new album every five minutes, not only would I not be buying them all, I doubt I would even get to hear it all. There comes a point where its just too much. He already had a massive discography that I was only just starting to dive into in 06. What he has done in 07 ensures I will never hear all of his work, which is a shame because there is probably some hidden treasure in this overflow of releases.

It would be like MIA releasing a 10 disc set with her talking and various snippets of music, and Bamboo Banga is in the middle of it. Then comes 3 albums at once, and Paper Planes is mixed in there. Two more albums next, and you get Worldtown. Its ridiculous. Release the best stuff.

What makes the situation worse is he is taking advantage of his fans. He knows how most of his fans are against downloading his music. So its either buy all this shit or not listen to it.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
bigbri wrote:

If Axl or MIA released a new album every five minutes, not only would I not be buying them all, I doubt I would even get to hear it all. There comes a point where its just too much. He already had a massive discography that I was only just starting to dive into in 06. What he has done in 07 ensures I will never hear all of his work, which is a shame because there is probably some hidden treasure in this overflow of releases.

It would be like MIA releasing a 10 disc set with her talking and various snippets of music, and Bamboo Banga is in the middle of it. Then comes 3 albums at once, and Paper Planes is mixed in there. Two more albums next, and you get Worldtown. Its ridiculous. Release the best stuff.

What makes the situation worse is he is taking advantage of his fans. He knows how most of his fans are against downloading his music. So its either buy all this shit or not listen to it.

If you want the best of his stuff, you can easily get recommendations. I'm not buying all his stuff, yet I respect this. It's all different styles: his Death Cube K, his jam bandy stuff, his mainstream stuff, his experimental stuff.

If you want the best, you gotta get Pepper's Ghost, Decoding the Tomb of the Bansheebot, Chicken Noodles II, Acoustic Shards. Bottom line. All the other stuff is for completists.

Still, I stand by my statement that if Axl were doing this, we'd be all over his jock.

AtariLegend wrote:

I just got "Decoding the Tomb of Bansheebot" if the other 729 albums he released last year are anything as good as this... *Holy Shit*

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I just got "Decoding the Tomb of Bansheebot" if the other 729 albums he released last year are anything as good as this... *Holy Shit*

Yeah, it's good stuff. Pepper's Ghost is very similar, not sure if you have that.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:

Look at this. it's amazing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y9aY2CLrGx4

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Saboteur wrote:

Look at this. it's amazing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y9aY2CLrGx4

Yeah, that is a badass new song. Hasn't been on any CD, might not ever be. That's why when he releases new shit every month, it doesn't surprise me. He's so prolific, so productive, so creative.  He just can't stop. His life must be totally music.

This song is a prime example. It's just phenomenal. Yet, it might not ever see the light of day. That's why you gotta see him live. He opened his last tour with a song with That 1 Guy. Hasn't been on a CD, but it was freakin' great.

Board footer