You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Fender Signed By Axl, Up For Sale on Ebay

Neemo wrote:

more like autographed fender pick-guard 16 but whatever still cool....too bad it wasnt a les paul or a telecaster...like a guitar the band actually uses hmm

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I gotta say that looks suspect to me.  The photo of Axl signing it looks like it was poorly cropped from somewhere else - they didn't even get rid of what ever the picture was underneath it you can still see a bit of it.  In fact it almost looks like a scan of a picture from a magazine.

I would have to say over 90% of the autographs on ebay are fake, I am sure that there are legitimate ones on there but they are usually too hard to determine from all the fake ones.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:

more like autographed fender pick-guard 16 but whatever still cool....too bad it wasnt a les paul or a telecaster...like a guitar the band actually uses hmm

Thats the part that always bothers the piss out of me about these things. Let's say it's 100% real, I still don't get having Axl sign a pickguard for a guitar no one in GNR has ever played.

Most people that want autographs, can't really afford £30,000 guitars.

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

Bullshit, I've seen that pick used on similar auctions before.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well...you can get a epiphone les paul for like $400 or a fender telecaster for that matter...doesnt have to be an actual 1960's Gibson

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

the guy probably had a guitar sitting around the house and brought it to the event that axl was doing autographs at to get it signed. no need to go spend a lot of money on a really nice guitar just for that and he already had a crappy one sitting around so he was good to go. and now he is trying to make a profit off of it. although i have also seen that picture before.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I've never understood people getting stuff autographed that they use everyday.  An album or merchandise or something works, but it's ridiculous to bring a guitar out for a singer to sign.  The only thing I can think of is this guy wanted a new guitar so he gets someone to autograph it and he's auctioning it off so he can buy a better one.  Then again, that's smart business.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer