You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street: Introducing the New Freddy Krueger

misterID wrote:

You know, believe it not, I think there's a chance they could focus on Freddy being a child molester. I know this is his first film, but I have faith Samuel Bayer is going to try and follow the dark and perverted tone of the original and try to make it more edgier. I have a felling he's going to want a "serious" career in films and, like James pointed out, I don't think Freddy the comic is going to show up.

That's why the NOES franchise did nothing for me. Freddy scared me when I was a kid based on 1 and 2. After that I only watched the movies because I knew sooner or later I was going to see some boobs. Freddy was lame.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Just got a hold of the script review of NOES remake and here are the basics:

Freddy IS a child molester... sort of... But more on that in a second...

Freddy hardly speaks. No comedy. And he's not a janitor in this one. He was a gardner at a preschool, where he was beloved by the kids, until.... So, he's not a child killer who gets off on a technicallity like in the original.

The new Freddy is really, really, really pissed off and angry.

One of the strongest aspects of the story, according to the review, is Freddy's backstory that's told in dreams and flashbacks.

The big twist is... The little kids could have been lying that he molested them. This is the mystery of the film Nancy has to figure out.

And Freddy's killings are supposed to be pretty gruesome.

With no spoilers given, the reviewer said the script is pretty strong.

I'm pretty friggin interested in this.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Whoa, that sounds really interesting. Making it to possibly be a situation where the kids lied about the molestation, completely gives it another dimension. Really nice twist, if they use it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It's over - at least shooting is. I feel like I just ran a marathon. Though I will never know the actual feeling of finishing a marathon - I reckon this is what it feels like. Week after week of night shoots, distant locations and extreme weather, all taking its toll on all of us. Many of my other marathoners share the same 1000 yard stare I've got going. All of us simply spent.

But all that effort, time and pain was for a great cause. We did it all for Freddy. To realize our dream of bringing him back... the way we remember him. Scary, mean and nasty. Now I know it will be hotly debated here, but I can tell you I am proud of what we did. Proud that Jackie Earle Haley was uncompromising in his desire to create a Freddy that is uniquely his own creation. Proud of Andrew Clement for his desire to create a look that will shock and scare you. You will surely recognize Freddy, but he is distinctively different, more real, and more burned. Jackie and Clement spent four hours a day painstaking applying all the make-up, appliances, texture before coming to shoot. And when we were all done at the end of the day they had to stay for at least another hour to take it off. For those of you keeping score at home that is 5 hours a day, on top of 12 hour shooting days. Those among you who are so closed-minded that you can't fathom anyone else playing the role, you are idiots. So much time and effort put into bringing Freddy back and you dismiss him before you've seen his efforts, it's just stupidity. See what we've done and then pass judgment; but there isn't a person out there who can tell me Jackie isn't a terrifying, inspired, awesome Freddy. I am grateful to Bloody Disgusting for its early support of that idea and can confidently tell you that choice was simply inspired.

Sam Bayer suffered for this movie. He pushed himself so hard that I worried that he couldn't maintain his pace, yet he did. No one had more sleepless nights than Sam - replaying the day's events over and over in his head, questioning how to make it scarier, better. We would often have breakfast together before shooting and he was never content. If he was concerned that he could improve on a scare, he and our first ad, Myron, would figure out our schedule so we could shoot the scene until Sam felt it was as good as it could be. Sam has very high standards and he was unrelenting. He brought all his experience to those nightmares and they are outstanding - if you aren't familiar with his work, check him out on YouTube, he is a great visual artist.

Making movies is like riding a unicycle down a steep hill. And when I read this back it seems like this movie was a dream shoot. Not true - we had all sorts of challenges on every level, but what was great about making this film was that we all had the same goal in mind. It really felt like a team effort to get to the finish line. And for me personally, when the end did come I didn't want it to.

I know the blog has been quiet lately, but after I've rested a bit I will start posting more.

A couple other things. Pay attention to Comic Con, we will have a couple of surprises for you there. If everything goes as planned we will reveal something special there.

Also, I am twittering and posted a few behind-the-scenes photos, so keep checking here and Twitter for updates.

One, two...

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/platinumdunes/

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I notice they aren't showing the face. Hmmm....

misterID

misterID wrote:

For anyone who didn't see it; there's also a filtered version of the phot that shows  more of his face:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/16831

There's something very disurbing looking about that. He looks like a burned alien, from what I can make out.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its just teaser shit. I actually hate that type of thing, but basically all movies do it now. It'll be months before we start getting some real concrete info/pics/trailer.

Just got a hold of the script review of NOES remake and here are the basics:

Freddy IS a child molester... sort of... But more on that in a second...

Freddy hardly speaks. No comedy. And he's not a janitor in this one. He was a gardner at a preschool, where he was beloved by the kids, until.... So, he's not a child killer who gets off on a technicallity like in the original.

The new Freddy is really, really, really pissed off and angry.

One of the strongest aspects of the story, according to the review, is Freddy's backstory that's told in dreams and flashbacks.

The big twist is... The little kids could have been lying that he molested them. This is the mystery of the film Nancy has to figure out.

And Freddy's killings are supposed to be pretty gruesome.

With no spoilers given, the reviewer said the script is pretty strong.

I'm pretty friggin interested in this.

Have no idea how I missed this post. My curiosity has definitely went WAY up. While I love the original, I hate the franchise itself because the stand up comedian killer and overall cheese was just not my cup of tea.

Have always felt Elm Street should have been a stand alone film.

Also thought a much darker story could be told, and it looks like they are aiming in that direction.

In the 1980s there was a strange trend nationwide of kids accusing workers at preschools/day care centers of molesting them, and most wound up being innocent. Looks like the writers are using that as inspiration for this film. Interesting.

If this remake is set in the 80s and they can give it an authentic look, its really going to kick ass.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

Here's the teaser:

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

It seems to rehash a lot of classic scenes from the original like the chick falling asleep in the bathtub with Freddy's hand coming out of the water. Michael Bay and his crew need to fuck off.

Board footer