You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street: Introducing the New Freddy Krueger

misterID wrote:

That looks fantastic.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I think I'm the only person here that HATED F13 2009

Nope. I wrote a pretty harsh review here after seeing it, and I actually think its one of the worst movies ever made.

Everything that is wrong with the remake trend can be found in that film.

"I didn't do anything."

Glad the film is going in this direction. While I agree with Mike that this is looking so far to be a by the book, safe and fluffy remake for the kiddies to watch, the fact they are willing to branch out just a bit will hold my interest.  Once more trailers come out, that may change.

I am a bit disappointed that the prequel aspect will be told in flashbacks. Reeks of condensing it quickly to just rehash the original.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID

misterID wrote:

I thought the intro to the new F13 with Jason's mother was pretty f'n good. Too bad the movie didn't just end on that high note. 16

I remember the guy who directed Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning was preparing to do the F13th remake. And he's actually a very good director (check out his short film Rings that ties in The Ring with that awful Ring 2) and he was working with Andrew Kevin Walker (writer of Se7en) to write the remake in a "Henry: portrait of a serial killer" type vibe. Basically, it would be a more realistic Jason... Which I think would be a much more interesting idea.

This is why I like the path Samuel Bayer is taking Elm Street.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm alright with it.

I think I'm the only person here that HATED F13 2009, so as long as it's better than that, I'll be happy.

Are you kidding? I slammed it too. Just about everyone here did. In fact, we were one of the only boards, I felt were calling it like it was.

The F13 & horror boards were like "best remke eva, Jase 4 eva!"

There are worse remakes out there, but not by much.

As for NOES2010, about the only aspect I like is making Krueger innocent. Making him a bit of an anti-hero to the film, more of a revenge quality.

I just don't know about Jackie Earl Haley, despite what Robert Englund says. Bob was timeless in that role, the mannerisms, the voice, the whole thing. It doesn't 'feel' like Freddy Krueger. Not yet.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

"You have perfect nipple placement"

That line alone deserved to have the film print burnt. 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm coming out of the closet. I thought that trailer looked mega kickass...and i'm now insanely pumped for this film!

I know its a remake and not the right cast and stuff....but the original concept of freddy is so good, I'm just interested to see what they do with it using modern techniques.

misterID

misterID wrote:

New trailer...

Looks really f'n good.

Board footer