You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Re: I Feel 2008 Is the Year

Voodoochild wrote:

Yeah, I've been reading those kind of things since god knows when.. I started to post on boards back when the official gnronline board was still up. tongue

I don't think I'm stupid nor I don't think he needs or he should do something. Didn't you get already that he's gonna release it whenever it's ready?

BTW, as far as I know, the album is already handed and may not be his fault (at least not entirely) this time.

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

bucketfoot wrote:

It's interesting when the album could/would come out, but yes I think it'll be this year. If it's a traditional release first, I'd say very late in the year like November.

I really hope they go the digital route and reward the fan's patience. That being said, I really don't care anymore. The forums are full of useless dribble and my enthusiasm is waning.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:

Yeah, I've been reading those kind of things since god knows when.. I started to post on boards back when the official gnronline board was still up. tongue

I don't think I'm stupid nor I don't think he needs or he should do something. Didn't you get already that he's gonna release it whenever it's ready?

BTW, as far as I know, the album is already handed and may not be his fault (at least not entirely) this time.

But not updating the fans is his fault. You know, some would expect him at least to tell those who care that after all these years the album is done and handled to the record company. It's annoying to read that Brazilian housekeeper's arrogant comments like 'everybody knows the album is done'. :sick:  Really? Communicating with the fans would mean he does care a little bit about those whose money made him rich, and those he expects to buy and not download the album if it ever comes out.

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

But not updating the fans is his fault. You know, some would expect him at least to tell those who care that after all these years the album is done and handled to the record company.

And upsetting the label who he has already a lot of issues? And having people twisting his words and saying it's another promise for a soon release?

Mikkamakka wrote:

It's annoying to read that Brazilian housekeeper's arrogant comments like 'everybody knows the album is done'. :sick:  Really?

First, is there any problem with she being Brazilian?

Second, as far as I know, she's not only a housekeeper and you sound as arrogant as she's supposed to be when you address such comments on her.

Third, you don't know how she talked to the journalist nor how HE talked to her. I do know she's not the kind who gives interview, so I find hard to believe that the guy asked her for an interview and she agreed. IMO, sounds like he tried, but didn't make it because she didn't want to. Even so, he used her words from a briefly conversation like it was a real interview. I'm saying this because I'm a journalist myself and I do know how people often use this cheat in order to make a point.

Mikkamakka wrote:

Communicating with the fans would mean he does care a little bit about those whose money made him rich, and those he expects to buy and not download the album if it ever comes out.

Well, your money was to have a cd or a show, and you got it already. What else do you want from him if you didn't pay in advance?

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

2012 is the year Guns are eligible for induction.

Oh yeah and, I too feel this year is the year CD finally emerges (officially or leaked).

2012 is also the year Charles Manson will be eligible for parole 16

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

1. I usually skip Axlite post, but now I don't. so... Do you really think that telling the fans officially through their website that the album is done and handled would upset the label? roll

2. I don't have problems with her being Brazilian or a housekeeper or uneducated, I have problems with her being arrogant. I've read a lot of her post @ HTGTH where she attacked fans. That was disgusting. Don't try to defend her, she's acting like another diva, but withoput achieving anything. She'll always be a housekeeper and naming her a personal assistant/tour manager or anything only shows how far Axl has gone from reality.

3. You know, I don't feel like I should buy his record anymore. And the long wait wasn't enough to make me feel this way but the Axl camp's (Axl, Beta, Jarmo etc.) arrogant and disrespectful behaviour made me feel this way. Downloading is pretty common these days, you know, and people tend to buy the records of artists they really respect - and you must be a mazochist to respect someone who is always disrespectful towards you.

You may know the story about Ozzy's kids that happened long before the reality shows. Fansvisited Ozzy's house at Halloween or I don't know when. They wore strange costumes and acted like Ozzy'd have been a god. The Ozzy kids laughed at them but Ozzy came and told them to shut up and respect those people who made their living. Axl would have got his bodyguards to rid of the so-hated fans.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Perfect post Mikkamkka.. Sums my feelings up 100 percent.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:

But not updating the fans is his fault. You know, some would expect him at least to tell those who care that after all these years the album is done and handled to the record company. It's annoying to read that Brazilian housekeeper's arrogant comments like 'everybody knows the album is done'. :sick:  Really? Communicating with the fans would mean he does care a little bit about those whose money made him rich, and those he expects to buy and not download the album if it ever comes out.

You make great points. 

However, i'm not basing any optimism i have off of Beta alone.  I have learned though that when a lot of the same rumors pop up again and again in rapid succession... it increases the chance of it being true.

With that too, i feel fans are getting tired and losing interest (like i as well am), so 2008 is really it.  2006 should have been the year, then 2007 carried some lingering hope.  Now if any sales are to be found, it's best to release it and fear the worst and hope the best. 

There is an increadibly real chance that we won't get it 2008.  But after this year, there really is no way Axl can salvage any of it.  If it doesn't come out this year, i'm hoping for a leak and then a GNR reunion.  I'd rather have the band back together than waiting for this fucking album.

So for the time being, i'm turning my thoughts onto STP.  That's why i feel 2008 is the year.  Because i just don't give a fuck anymore.

Mikkamakka wrote:

1. I usually skip Axlite post, but now I don't. so... Do you really think that telling the fans officially through their website that the album is done and handled would upset the label? roll

2. I don't have problems with her being Brazilian or a housekeeper or uneducated, I have problems with her being arrogant. I've read a lot of her post @ HTGTH where she attacked fans. That was disgusting. Don't try to defend her, she's acting like another diva, but withoput achieving anything. She'll always be a housekeeper and naming her a personal assistant/tour manager or anything only shows how far Axl has gone from reality.

3. You know, I don't feel like I should buy his record anymore. And the long wait wasn't enough to make me feel this way but the Axl camp's (Axl, Beta, Jarmo etc.) arrogant and disrespectful behaviour made me feel this way. Downloading is pretty common these days, you know, and people tend to buy the records of artists they really respect - and you must be a mazochist to respect someone who is always disrespectful towards you.

You may know the story about Ozzy's kids that happened long before the reality shows. Fansvisited Ozzy's house at Halloween or I don't know when. They wore strange costumes and acted like Ozzy'd have been a god. The Ozzy kids laughed at them but Ozzy came and told them to shut up and respect those people who made their living. Axl would have got his bodyguards to rid of the so-hated fans.

you calling anyone an Axlite is extremely laughable.    why do you waste your time on a board about a band you clearly don't like?

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

you calling anyone an Axlite is extremely laughable.    why do you waste your time on a board about a band you clearly don't like?

Same reason you post in the VR section.  15

Everyone's here for the same reason... we like the band.  We're allowed to debate different things that grind our gears about them, but at the end of the day, we're all fans.

Board footer