You are not logged in. Please register or login.

benny
 Rep: 0 

Re: Drain the Swamp?

benny wrote:

What's with the past month and all these leaks?  Have the hoarders just decided to unload all of the songs that have been floating around for the last 19 or so years because it's never going to get an official release?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Might be there were some deals made, multiple people had them, and the value wasn't there anymore.

benny

benny wrote:

If a lot of these songs were on CDs from a storage locker, that's the type of locker I would've like to have won the bid on if I were on Storage Wars LOL.

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:

They're all from the storage locker CDs. The story as I understand it: Dunsford buys the CDs. Gives copies to MSL and Walker, with the understanding nothing is to be leaked or sold. Of course, MSL starts selling them. Rick tells him to knock it off. He keeps selling them. Rick leaks Hard School and Atlas, and I guess all the other '99 CD demos that came out. MSL gets pissed. MSL threatens Rick through Walker. Rick leaks Perhaps and SOG.

Could be wrong, but that's what I've gathered so far. It really is all kind of a funny soap opera.

benny

benny wrote:

All of this would've made for a great episode of Unsolved Mysteries, narrated of course by the late Robert Stack.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
LocoComa wrote:

They're all from the storage locker CDs. The story as I understand it: Dunsford buys the CDs. Gives copies to MSL and Walker, with the understanding nothing is to be leaked or sold. Of course, MSL starts selling them. Rick tells him to knock it off. He keeps selling them. Rick leaks Hard School and Atlas, and I guess all the other '99 CD demos that came out. MSL gets pissed. MSL threatens Rick through Walker. Rick leaks Perhaps and SOG.

Could be wrong, but that's what I've gathered so far. It really is all kind of a funny soap opera.

Yeah, I think the story is more opposite of Rick's version. Why would the person with the biggest target on their back (MSL) sell? Why would the person who wasn't out any money (if MSL was *given* them) have more incentive to sell than the person who allegedly fronted a lot of cash (Rick)? For this version to be true, MSL would have to be acting illogically and out of pattern. After all, we never did get the contents of that USB drive. He's kept his lips shut ever since about that. Why has *that* not been out in the wild, but these discs have?

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:
Gagarin wrote:
LocoComa wrote:

Yeah, I think the story is more opposite of Rick's version. Why would the person with the biggest target on their back (MSL) sell? Why would the person who wasn't out any money (if MSL was *given* them) have more incentive to sell than the person who allegedly fronted a lot of cash (Rick)? For this version to be true, MSL would have to be acting illogically and out of pattern. After all, we never did get the contents of that USB drive. He's kept his lips shut ever since about that. Why has *that* not been out in the wild, but these discs have?

Because MSL fucking craves the attention (and is apparently low on money). FWIW, Rick shared screenshots of texts from Walker saying to call MSL if he cares about his kids. He may have been keeping his lips shut publicly since the supposed pay off, but he's still been sweating his blubber off behind the scenes. He is believed to be behind the remix album leak, and the Going Down/Better remixes leaking in 2013. Walker is his sock puppet that he uses to do his bidding.

000000000000 wrote:

uruguns
 Rep: 1 

uruguns wrote:
000000000000 wrote:

Perhaps check other threads

its just kohd acoustic that leaked yesterday and better instrumental dude.

got something unheard to share?

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
LocoComa wrote:
Gagarin wrote:
LocoComa wrote:

Because MSL fucking craves the attention (and is apparently low on money). FWIW, Rick shared screenshots of texts from Walker saying to call MSL if he cares about his kids. He may have been keeping his lips shut publicly since the supposed pay off, but he's still been sweating his blubber off behind the scenes. He is believed to be behind the remix album leak, and the Going Down/Better remixes leaking in 2013. Walker is his sock puppet that he uses to do his bidding.

Well, for what it's worth, center of attention -
*MSL used to have a forum for his 'fans', that was discontinued awhile ago.
*MSL used to control a GNR forum and post there. He stepped away from that, too.
*So, he's not had a place to get "attention" except for Twitter, etc.

As far as money -
*I don't know
*But... MLW is doing better now than it ever has been. It's like an actual thing now.
*MLW podcast network has some pretty substantially listened to/well followed podcasts, not just 'wrestling', but all podcasts.

I don't know what his cut is on that, but it's at least as good as it's ever been, from the outside.

Board footer