You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Me And My Elvis Instrumental Leak (2019)

AtariLegend wrote:

Instrumental better known as Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul or Leave Me Alone has leaked.

...And it's pretty good.

gnr-rough-mixes-cd-4.png

AtariLegend wrote:

gunns1: Hey Axl , whats your favourite song from either Chinese Democracy, or from an unreleased album?

Axl:The bridge in "Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul aka The Soul Monster (working title Leave Me Alone)" which will no doubt end up "Soul Monster".

I think it's r most Black Sabbath moment. Sang it on a Christmas eve. Imo the meanest section of anything I've sung to date. Which having said that I'm sure when it's heard others may disagree but we felt it was a Christmas card of unadulterated venom so to speak. I felt a lot better afterward. (Axl Rose , Here Today... Gone to Hell Forum, Dec. 2008)

"[GNR] was sort of just work for hire. [...] I met with Axl and he played me these songs, asked me my ideas about them, and I told him what I thought they needed. They gave me four songs to orchestrate. [...] A song called 'Seven,' which is the one [...] I actually wrote a guitar part [on]. There was one called 'Thyme,' one called 'The General,' one called 'Leave Me Alone.'" (Marco Beltrami, IGN, 07/20/03)

"Leave Me Alone," "Seven," and "The General" could also feature on the new album. These three A-listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami, especially "Seven," which Marco deems as the best of the three songs. It has also been reported that Marco worked on a fourth track, "Thyme." However, this song was not worked on subsequent to Marco's work in October 2002. (Jeff Leeds, Sp1at website, 06/05)

Worth pointing out, this was one of the ones that was very likely actually going to be released on that 2nd album that never came.

stinkfist
 Rep: 2 

stinkfist wrote:

If I could pick up only one song, I dont know which one I would like the most with vocal, probably Me, Myself and Elvis, but Zodiac is kinda close.
For now this is my favorite instru with As It Begins

AtariLegend wrote:

Imagine this with Axl and an orchestra.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Can I get a pm?

This is the track I've been most looking foward to.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Thx guys.  This track is awesome as fuck!

stinkfist

stinkfist wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

a holy shit moment for sure
The more I listen, the more it grows on me, Im wondering what kind of lyrics it has, and the way he sings it

AtariLegend wrote:
stinkfist wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

a holy shit moment for sure

Now imagine past 2003, till 2010.

The version with DJ and Bumblefoot.

Revnine
 Rep: 0 

Revnine wrote:

Can I get a link to this?

stinkfist

stinkfist wrote:

Im fine with 2006-2010 vocally, but it shouldn't be allowed to mention Dj

Board footer