You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

James wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Is anybody looking forward to Metal Gear Solid 4 coming out in June? Has anybody read much about it, is it meant to be good? I go through phases with the MGS games but once you start playing one you can't stop.

I know I'm in the minority, but I never really liked MGS all that much. The controls were flawed, and the later versions were like Splinter Cell lite, yet arcade-ish.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Is anybody looking forward to Metal Gear Solid 4 coming out in June? Has anybody read much about it, is it meant to be good? I go through phases with the MGS games but once you start playing one you can't stop.

I know I'm in the minority, but I never really liked MGS all that much. The controls were flawed, and the later versions were like Splinter Cell lite, yet arcade-ish.

This statement is full of fail! 4

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I'm definitely looking forward to MGS4...one of the best franchises in the entire history of gaming in my opinion but I do have to say the first two had something that hasn't been replicated at the same level again...hopefully 4 will go back to the roots and bring this excellent game to the next generation.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

I'm definitely looking forward to MGS4...one of the best franchises in the entire history of gaming in my opinion but I do have to say the first two had something that hasn't been replicated at the same level again...hopefully 4 will go back to the roots and bring this excellent game to the next generation.

What Metal Gear 1 and 2? Or are we talking about Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2, because three was far better than two and was a step in the direction that four has taken. If you didn't like MGS3 you will not like Four.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Three was an absolute work of art. 

The camo system, the awesome bosses, the great story.  The whole cold war thing, with the james bond-esque music was fucking great.  I will never forget that game for as long as I live.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

3 was fantastic. But heres weird news about 4. Don't read these links if you hate spoilers (if these can even be called that):

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/23/bbfc- … e-in-mgs4/

Yes this is very much a 10

and also new trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33224.html

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

FUCK I'm pretty sure someone on the gamespot forum just spoiled the ending of GTA...

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

IGN just gave GTA a 10 out of 10

Every facet of Rockstar's new masterpiece is worthy of applause. Without question, Grand Theft Auto IV is the best game since Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Ocarina of Time was the last game that they gave a 10/10 to.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

been plying mario kart for the last hour...its really fun! 22

myillusions
 Rep: 5 

myillusions wrote:

It looks like Killzone 2 for the PS3 has been pushed back to a February 2009 release now.

Board footer