You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

polluxlm wrote:

I'm waiting on GTA4 before Sony gets my money. Probably be around half the original price by next year too (down to around 65% now).

But maybe I'll buy myself a Wii for Christmas. Been way too many years since I played Mario.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I just thought of another game you should check out Neemo.  Its called Kororinpa - Marble Mania.  Remember the game marble madness from way back when?  Well thats basically what this is.  You have a marble that you got to take around all of these maps, and you use the remote to control the world.  IE if you tild the controller right at a 90 degree angle, the world flips to a 90 degree angle.  Its probably the most addictive game I've played on the wii.  But if you have shaky hands, your screwed.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
Tommie wrote:

PS2 Still Most Popular Console
Other systems aren't being played as much as Sony's seven-year-old beast.
by Daemon Hatfield

December 12, 2007 - The Nielsen Company has released several top ten lists for 2007 that reveal a variety of consumer trends related to media and technology. Among them is Videogame Console Usage from April to November that shows the PlayStation 2 is still enjoying the most use among consoles.

Nielsen measured the total amount of minutes its participants spent playing videogames, then divided those minutes between all current- and last-gen consoles. The PS2 obliterated the competition, claiming over 42 percent of all usage time. For each of the big three platforms, their last-gen predecessors saw more use than current systems. Here's how each console ranked:

Videogame Console Usage (April-November 2007)
1. PS2 - 42.2% of usage minutes
2. Xbox - 13.9
3. Xbox 360 - 11.8
4. GameCube - 7.1
5. Wii - 5.5
6. PS3 - 2.5
7. Other - 17.1

"Other" consists of any other console found in the home.

The data suggests that while the Wii has seen brisk sales this year, many of its purchasers don't play the console as often as those who bought a 360. It is also interesting to note the "other" category saw more use than the PS3, Wii, and GameCube combined.

Nielsen also revealed that Fresh Bread was the most popular consumer packaged good in 2007.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/841/841 … Sid=841157

My theory on that is that it makes sense for the same reason I got a PS2 instead of an Xbox years ago.  You seem to be able to get more games for cheaper with the PS2.  So rather than playing the two or three games you've bought for the new system, people are playing from the pile of $20 PS2 games they've amassed over the years.

That's actually why I ultimately bought the PS3.  I have a ton of PS2 games I really enjoy and being able to still play them without having to keep the PS2 (my wife and I agreed to a 2 system limit and I've reached it so I have to give my PS2 away) swayed me to spend the extra money.  So far, the PS3 has been great for what I need it to do and I'm really looking forward to playing GH3 (PS3 version) on it.  I'm anxious to see what additional songs you can download.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Neemo wrote:

so this morning i took off from work at 10:00am to get one

Nice to see you have your priorities in order wink Fuck work, I'm going to buy a Wii 14 .... and Mario

Tommie wrote:

3. Xbox 360 - 11.8
4. GameCube - 7.1
5. Wii - 5.5
6. PS3 - 2.5
7. Other - 17.1

It is also interesting to note the "other" category saw more use than the PS3, Wii, and GameCube combined.

That is the most useless statistic I've ever heard. Gamecube is not a new generation console.... hmm I presumed this was a typo and meant to say more use than the PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 combined.. Those numbers don't add up though as all three combined show more gameplay than the "Other" category.

I'm gonna pick up a Wii soon, probably in the new year. Looking forward to Zelda, always loved that series. Can't beat Ocarina of Time.... or Wind Waker for that matter big_smile

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
downliner wrote:
Neemo wrote:

so this morning i took off from work at 10:00am to get one

Nice to see you have your priorities in order wink Fuck work, I'm going to buy a Wii 14 .... and Mario

Tommie wrote:

3. Xbox 360 - 11.8
4. GameCube - 7.1
5. Wii - 5.5
6. PS3 - 2.5
7. Other - 17.1

It is also interesting to note the "other" category saw more use than the PS3, Wii, and GameCube combined.

That is the most useless statistic I've ever heard. Gamecube is not a new generation console.... hmm I presumed this was a typo and meant to say more use than the PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 combined.. Those numbers don't add up though as all three combined show more gameplay than the "Other" category.

I'm gonna pick up a Wii soon, probably in the new year. Looking forward to Zelda, always loved that series. Can't beat Ocarina of Time.... or Wind Waker for that matter big_smile

Twilight Princess is equal if not better to both of those!

I'm sure you'll have as much fun as I am playing it right now!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I got mario after work that day 16

I'll check that game out Tommie...sounds fun, and a bit like that marble world on Mario Galaxy

I;m gonna try to finish Mario before i tackle twilight princess

AtariLegend wrote:
Synyster Gates wrote:

Twilight Princess is equal if not better to both of those!

I'm sure you'll have as much fun as I am playing it right now!

Wait until you get to the final third.... sad

AtariLegend wrote:

This Christmas I've given up the Playstation 3, to get a high spec PC that'll keep my mother happy, cause the current one is on a downward spiral.

So before I spend more time in World Of Warcaft, PS3 owned the X-Box 360 in non-exclusive titles....

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I still prefer my PS3.  I have played it since release with no problems whatsoever.  Admittedly it had a slow start and gave XBOX a new life but I think that's a good thing.  Had PS3 came in and dominated everyone then there would be less competition and we all know less competition = less quality games.  Anyone who doubts that take a look at EA's history.  XBOX 360/Wii's success has been nothing but great for Playstation 3 owners.  It made them (Sony) realize they HAD to step it up.  To be honest I do believe there is a bit more of a learning curve to program for the PS3 as well, the same was true for the PS2.

The game situation has GREATLY improved and the quality is amazing.  Drake's Fortune/Assassin's Creed (my current favorite)/Call of Duty 4/Time Crisis 4/MX vs ATV ... ALL GREAT stuff!  Then we have MGS4, Gran Tourismo 5 and several other big titles just around the corner.  The PS3 is hardly dead, it has had a strong rebirth and the Blu Ray technology has all but won the war of the next generation high definition format.   I'm very satisfied with my system but whether you choose the PS3, XBOX 360 or the Wii you are doing fine.  All are great systems.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I got a PS3 for xmas, I'm going to get playing it tonight and I'm going to buy Assasins Creed next week.

Board footer