You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Axl S wrote:

Basically I went some evil guy and walked about killing thigns and did the first mission and found it really boring, glad I was only at my friends and didn't pay for it.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I've been thinking about getting Call to Duty 4 for the PS3.  I don't usually like those types of games, but it sounds like you can get into some pretty fun games online.  That's really the only drawing point for me so far.

I played GH III once so far.  I've never played any of the Guitar Hero games, so it was a bit of an adjustment for me.  Seems like it's going to be a pretty cool game - I wasn't expecting to like it going in.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Anybody with an Xbox 360.  Get Mass Effect now.

If anyone has ever played Knights Of The Old Republic, it's like that, but instead of being an RPG, it's a 3rd person shooter.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I've been thinking about getting Call to Duty 4 for the PS3.  I don't usually like those types of games, but it sounds like you can get into some pretty fun games online.  That's really the only drawing point for me so far.

I played GH III once so far.  I've never played any of the Guitar Hero games, so it was a bit of an adjustment for me.  Seems like it's going to be a pretty cool game - I wasn't expecting to like it going in.

Trust me, I love the game but if you aren't into FPS titles you will not enjoy CoD4. Halo 3 is more a fun FPS game than CoD4. Call of Duty is a far more sort of "hardcore" shooter.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Synyster Gates wrote:

Anybody with an Xbox 360.  Get Mass Effect now.

If anyone has ever played Knights Of The Old Republic, it's like that, but instead of being an RPG, it's a 3rd person shooter.

Knights was a fucking snooze fest. I kept trying to get into it years ago, but couldn't. Not even by force. Graphics were good for their time, but thats  it. Had a good storyline, but it moved too damn slow.

AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Had a good storyline, but it moved too damn slow.

I agree, especially with the second. It was a cool concept, but sadly unlike many other open story based RPGS the difference between Good + Evil only shows up in the final hour as opposed to the duration game as advertised.

Axl S wrote:

Basically I went some evil guy and walked about killing thigns and did the first mission and found it really boring, glad I was only at my friends and didn't pay for it.

The first mission lasts what 15,  seconds...? That is not giving it a chance. 16

Axl S wrote:

Call of Duty is a far more sort of "hardcore" shooter.

Call of Duty 4 is actually a bit different, its alot easier for non-hardcores to get into it, unlike the previous WW2 versions.

Axl S wrote:

Halo 3 is more a fun FPS game

Most overated game ever....!

Jameslofton wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

"Assasin's Creed"

I really need to play that. I bought it for my cousin for Christmas. I should borrow it.

The PS3 version is better than the 360 version.

AtariLegend wrote:

So which console has a better list for 2008:

Grand Theft Auto IV (Playstaion 3/X-Box 360)
Resident Evil 5 (Playstation 3/X-Box 360)

Gran Turismo 5 (Playstation 3)
Final Fantasy XIII (Playstaion 3)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Playstation 3)
Devil May Cry 4 (Playstation 3)

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (PC/Mac)
Starcraft II (PC)

Duke Nukem Forever (Playstation 3/X-Box 360/PC)

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

So which console has a better list for 2008:

Grand Theft Auto IV (Playstaion 3/X-Box 360)
Resident Evil 5 (Playstation 3/X-Box 360)

Gran Turismo 5 (Playstation 3)
Final Fantasy XIII (Playstaion 3)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Playstation 3)
Devil May Cry 4 (Playstation 3)

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (PC/Mac)
Starcraft II (PC)

Duke Nukem Forever (Playstation 3/X-Box 360/PC)

Some are saying we may see Gears of War 2 for 360.  I just hope Alan Wake gets released this year.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'm looking for a router to connect my PS2 and my Wii to the internet...any advice to what to buy and/or avoid?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Buy a wireless router so you can use laptops as well.  Even if you don't have one now, you might in the future and won't have to switch it then.  I have a lynksis and it works fine.  I think they're all about the same, so pick the cheapest one.

Board footer