You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 3

misterID wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Dummy has to be Bucket.

I'm wondering how the hell any lyrics could be written to it.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Someone help out?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Oklahoma reminds me in parts of Perfect Circle, and while its good, I’m not hearing the greatness in it that you guys are

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Oklahoma reminds me in parts of Perfect Circle, and while its good, I’m not hearing the greatness in it that you guys are

Yeah, Billy said that first APC record was inspired by those CD sessions and you can hear it here. I still think Soul Monster is the best of the instrumentals. Vocals/lyrics will change everything.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

I remember listening to the Prostitute instrumental and it’s crazy how much Axl’s vocals changes things. Same with Shackler’s. It happens on Hardschool too. Axl ramps up the intensity as the tracks progress and creates an arch to the songs.

Pacha
 Rep: 0 

Pacha wrote:

Can someone PM??

Decta94
 Rep: 0 

Decta94 wrote:

This jam sounds like the opening notes of Oklahoma who agrees?   

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Having heard it for a couple of times now (thanks James and Faldor), with a coffee cup by my side this morning I write to you all my general impressions:

1 - Billionaire
I don't like it and don't think it would fit a GNR ALBUM but could become a fun and laid back B Side for what would have been 2000 Intentions

2 - Dub Suplex
This is a Buckethead song right? It also kinda sounds like a jam BH and Brain would play on a live show in between songs. I like it but it doesn't seem to fir GNR, earlier, at the time or now.

3 - State of Grace
Better quality version. Still misses some verses where Axl seems to just keep the melody going. The better quality gives a better picture of what the song is. I do like it (I'm a NIN fan so forgive me for I have sinned)

4 - Oklahoma
Out of the unheard songs, this is definitely the better. Sounds complete, just waiting for the vocals. The more classic GNR of the songs I've heard so far, but with a little 90's influence.

5 - Devious Bastard
Sounds like a contemporary Bad Apples for me. Just a filler song, trying to hard to be modern/electronica. Don't like it.

6 - IRS
It was ready by then. Fuck InterscopeIovineEzrin. The drums and production on the album made it better but as far as a song goes, it was complete and should've been released by then.

7 - Hardschool nu Ax
I like this version better than the ones we've heard before. Like the added parts (a guitar here and there, little piano, cleaner vocals). My grudge with the song continues, as it is too dated on the "too hardschool!!" parts, seems to try too hard to be... hard?

8 - Dummy
Funny little song that reminded me of Soothsayer by Bucket. Like it but I don't see it as GNR song tbh.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Decta94 wrote:

This jam sounds like the opening notes of Oklahoma who agrees?   

[/embed]
Nah, completely different songs.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
otto wrote:

7 - Hardschool nu Ax
I like this version better than the ones we've heard before. Like the added parts (a guitar here and there, little piano, cleaner vocals). My grudge with the song continues, as it is too dated on the "too hardschool!!" parts, seems to try too hard to be... hard?

umm... wut? I thought there was only one HS existing, at least the disc tracklists only mention one. there were more? interesting! I want to know more.

Board footer