You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Best of Rough Mixes Disc 1, Elimination Series Round 1

AtariLegend wrote:

Given this is as close as we're possibly ever getting to the original album and to keep the discussion going:

Vote for your least favorite track. The track with the most votes will be eliminated.

*In the event of a tie in the earlier rounds, all tied tracks will be lost. No tie breaker, until the later stages.*

This is based on Rough Mixes Disc 1 only, not any other demo or the album copy.

Voting closes in 3 days.

Vote off your least favorite track

Madagascar 3%
There Was A Time 3%
Atlas Shrugged 7%
Perhaps 3%
Prostitute 0%
Ryiad and the Bedouins 10%
Catcher in the Rye 7%
Chinese Democracy 0%
The Blues 0%
Silkworms 67%
Total votes: 30
misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Bah, Ryiad is cool. Never understood the hate.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

It is, but when you put it next to Madagasca or TWAT, it’s just not as good, imo.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Silkworms is definitely the worst one here.  Rhiad has that cool funky rhythym/beat.

Charlie Finck
 Rep: 0 

As a Musician I find Silkworms an amazing freaking industrial track, a lot of potencial and  and a risky move for a gutsy Artist. I thank Axl for not been a comfortable musician. The journey deserves my total support. My 2 cents.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Someone voted for Catcher. Can't say I didn't consider it, even though I think it is a good song.

AtariLegend wrote:

I think this is a pretty strong record. I voted off Silkworms, even though I kind of like this version. I dig Ryiad as well, always have.. but every other track up there is as good as it gets.

It'll be interesting to see what makes the later stages. How does Perhaps and Atlas Shrugged fare against The Blues and There Was A Time. If Ryiad and Silkworms go first/second, what's third?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Let me just get ahead of it and say to anyone who votes for Perhaps, I hope your dick falls off.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:

Let me just get ahead of it and say to anyone who votes for Perhaps, I hope your dick falls off.

I just accidentally did that. Thought we were voting favorites. I hope my dick sticks around.

AtariLegend wrote:
bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:

I just accidentally did that. Thought we were voting favorites. I hope my dick sticks around.

We've been doing elimination series on/off for 13 years plus, yet's there's always one tongue.

Board footer