You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: The Media

bigbri wrote:
atlashrugs wrote:

if the leaks like atlas, state of grace, perhaps, and hardschool don't have appeal than more leaks should leak and the chairman should leak more leaks

can you not ...

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

There’s a TikTok video of kids dressed as animals dancing to Alan Walker to watch before rock every matters again.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

I think it's something else, because no matter how much the record was ignored, the story itself is a bit absurd, 20 cd's from a storage unit? There are still articles about an unpublished Beatles photos suddenly discovered in an attic somewhere.
I think the band asked the media not to report it for one reason or another, maybe, if we are getting new material in several months it has something to do with this, I don't know, but I don't think it's ignored because nobody cares.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

If the band asked the media to ignore it, you can guarantee there would be more coverage. The media doesn’t take orders from bands. The CD material lost its value to everyone but us when the reunion happened.

shutout52
 Rep: 0 

shutout52 wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:

I think it's something else, because no matter how much the record was ignored, the story itself is a bit absurd, 20 cd's from a storage unit? There are still articles about an unpublished Beatles photos suddenly discovered in an attic somewhere.
I think the band asked the media not to report it for one reason or another, maybe, if we are getting new material in several months it has something to do with this, I don't know, but I don't think it's ignored because nobody cares.

That's the Beatles though: John, Paul, George, and Ringo are household names worldwide. Axl, Buckethead, Brain, etc. are not the Beatles.

If anything it's gotten me re-listening to CD again and comparing the leaked versions of the album tracks to the actual released tracks, and taking the instrumentals and trying to imagine how a full release would have sounded. That's part of why I think Atlas was dropped from the actual album-- can you imagine the collective outrage we would have had hearing "I'm Sorry" as an instrumental and wondering how the fuck it wasn't released as a full song?  But yet, in the final version of "Sorry," I'd rather have Atlas. It's a Catch-22 in a way.

It's turned me back into a leak-chaser again, but not to the psycho degree I was before CD where I would have given almost anything to get everything, and then doing things like sitting down and learning the guitar parts from There Was A Time as best I could. I wish I still had a piano, I'd try to figure out Me & My Elvis.

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

PotatoSalad wrote:

I wonder if part of it also has to do with the media having been down that road before and not getting anything in return.  When the Chinese Democracy leaks happened back in the early/mid 2000's one might have thought the album was coming soon.  There was silence except occasionally to say who wasn't in the band.  More leaks and the Hammerstein shows plus more touring and there only being so many Tuesdays left in 2006 made it seem like the album for sure was coming out soon, but that didn't happen until 2008.  The long delayed album finally comes out and all we hear from Axl is the forum chats which were months after the album was released.  Supposedly Axl turned down a Rolling Stone and Kurt Loder interview, and I thought he'd at least do an interview with Kurt Loder since he's usually been fair with him including with the new lineup.  About the only promotion Chinese Democracy had was the Dr Pepper thing and that didn't turn out too well.

I'm a GNR fan, but when the band itself doesn't seem to show much interest in their "new" material I can't say I blame the media for feeling the same way.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

I think the media has a vested interest in the reunion of the hard rock bad boys. It’s the story they want. Nu Guns was more of a cult project. There’s not much GNR Bucket merch. It will be an exotic irony when CD era songs are the new reunion GNR record. If when maybe.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

Yeah, I'm also surprised that there wasn't much mentioned about a massive trove of unreleased demos leaking. I wouldn't expect the mainstream media to care much, but even the hard rock/metal blogs I follow didn't mention it. I admit, I haven't paid much attention for years, since there hasn't been any new music, and I've long since given up hope on ChiDem 2 ever being released. But I started seeing articles about "Massive GNR fan banned for life for posting new leaked demos" and I'm like wait, what? New demos? I mean, yeah, it sucks that dude got banned, but NEW DEMOS? Fuuuuck, why did I not know about this sooner?

Board footer