You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: The Media

Scabbie wrote:

I'm quite surprised at the lack of media coverage regarding the leaks. The 'Rick' story got some mileage, but I've seen no journalists writing about the leaks themselves. Given the hype surrounding CD you thought someone might have gone to town on it.

Perhaps no one gives a monkeys any more, or are they afraid of publicly admitting they have the leaks?

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I think with a legitimate Guns lineup back touring and talk of a new album on the horizon it really isn’t going to appeal to anyone other than us forum nerds.

The world at large rejected the Chinese era as Guns.

I think it’s positive for the chances of a new album . As in, these  leaks won’t be what derails a future release which I was worried might happen initially .

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

No one cares.

They’re not relevant. It’s a nostalgia band.

Sky Dog wrote:

Cash Cow....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The media wasn't interested in Chinese leftovers for the past 10 years....so why start now?

It's considered a bad dream to the general public.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

There is no market for this. Are we surprised 20 year old Axl Rose demos are not widely covered?

Let’s all collectively be self aware. We are the exception.

shutout52
 Rep: 0 

shutout52 wrote:

Outside of fans of the band, the prevailing thought would seem to be "Wow, rejected stuff from a terrible album? No thanks."

People in general, not just the media, are going to let their prejudices cause them to miss out. My wife isn't a GNR fan and she liked most of them when I played them for her.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
shutout52 wrote:

Outside of fans of the band, the prevailing thought would seem to be "Wow, rejected stuff from a terrible album? No thanks."

People in general, not just the media, are going to let their prejudices cause them to miss out. My wife isn't a GNR fan and she liked most of them when I played them for her.

Same here. My wife who isn’t that into GN’R either, asked me in disbelief why they wouln’t put out the best songs (referring to Perhaps and State Of Grace)...

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I agree with everything everyone has said.

These are brilliant songs.

Nobody but us actually cares, including (by all appearances) the band.

A decade or more into the future, by which point Axl will likely retire, a new generation not even born at the time ChiDem was released may discover these tracks and acknowledge their merit on their own terms but otherwise, the demos are a dead issue.

So if any hoarders are listening, please, by all means, share what you've got. Time is running out. For all of us.

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:

if the leaks like atlas, state of grace, perhaps, and hardschool don't have appeal than more leaks should leak and the chairman should leak more leaks

Board footer