You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Goin Down appreciation thread

FlashFlood wrote:

The version from these discs...not the Bumble/Axl mess.

Such a good, easy listen. I personally love Tommy’s harmonies on the chorus. This is simple, yet great stuff. The type of collaboration Axl needed.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Such a good, easy listen. I personally love Tommy’s harmonies on the chorus. This is simple, yet great stuff. The type of collaboration Axl needed.

its a tommy stinson song not a gnr song its a gnr song when its released under the gnr name I don't even think axl sang on going down the vocals sound like someone trying to sound like axl with autotune

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

its a tommy stinson song not a gnr song its a gnr song when its released under the gnr name I don't even think axl sang on going down the vocals sound like someone trying to sound like axl with autotune

It was definitely Axl on the chorus in the leak back in 2012 or whenever it was.

EDIT: also you’re a noted shitbag on this forum so don’t know why I felt compelled to respond.

Declan94

Declan94 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

It was definitely Axl on the chorus in the leak back in 2012 or whenever it was.

EDIT: also you’re a noted shitbag on this forum so don’t know why I felt compelled to respond.

ok but if its axl then it a heavily autotuned axl

Link31
 Rep: 1 

Link31 wrote:

On No. The Tommy/Axl version is way better. Love the added guitar during the verses. The latest leak was Tommy all the way, it was made first and is very plain.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

Going Down would add some variety into some of these other tracks. I guess because Tommy left he won’t get it on the album unless Duff steps in. Slash taking on Bucket songs should be fun.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

wasted wrote:

Going Down would add some variety into some of these other tracks. I guess because Tommy left he won’t get it on the album unless Duff steps in.

Or Izzy as a guest spot. That'd be weird, but his voice would fit.

Declan94

Declan94 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
wasted wrote:

Going Down would add some variety into some of these other tracks. I guess because Tommy left he won’t get it on the album unless Duff steps in.

going down is a tommy song not a gnr song and yes axl sang guest vocals but does that make the songs on Sebastian bachs album that axl sang on gnr songs?

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
wasted wrote:

going down is a tommy song not a gnr song and yes axl sang guest vocals but does that make the songs on Sebastian bachs album that axl sang on gnr songs?

GN'R songs can start with, or involve, other members of the band. At the same time, Axl can guest vocal or do other projects.

Your opinion is that you think Going Down would be better as a Tommy Stinson song, rather than a Guns N' Roses song, which is a fair and valid point. Avoid the childish digs at the band though, it's not cool here.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
wasted wrote:

I could imagine that. I see Duff and Tommy back to back singing the chorus on one mic with Axl by the drum riser doing the background vocals.

That Izzy track Down By the Ocean might also add something too. Getting Bucket and Slash battling on a track would be awesome too. Duel guitars.

Board footer