You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Best of Rough Mixes Disc 2, Round 1

AtariLegend wrote:

Vote for your least favourite track. The 2 tracks with the most votes will be eliminated.

As far as the instrumentals go, try to imagine the track finished with vocals.

This is based on Rough Mixes Disc 2 only, not any other demo. There will be no tie breaker, unless there's a mass 7 way tie or something equally absurd.

Voting closes Wednesday 19:00 GMT.

*In the meantime, there's still time to vote in the final round of Disc 3: http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=15112*

Vote off your least favourite track

P.R.L. 70%
EYE ON YOU 0%
IF THE WORLD 10%
MUSTACHE 0%
QUICKSONG 0%
ZODIAC 13 0%
TONTO 0%
REAL DOLL.com 15%
SHANKLERS REVENGE 5%
I'm SORRY 0%
Total votes: 20
wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

I like them all. I’ll have to listen again. Doll might be going unless Tonto or Mustache or PRL draw fire.

AtariLegend wrote:

Okay so thoughts:

P.R.L.

Very hard to tell where this was going. Even with Thyme as an intro, it's both weird and interesting. Especially if it really was at one point the title track of the 2nd album. Given the Thyme title was mentioned by Beltrami in later years, I assume they just called it Thyme in the end, and they dropped the P.R.L. part. It was almost certainly finished later on.

EYE ON YOU

It's a fine late 1990's experimental B Side. Nothing more, nothing less. I doubt it was intended for an album release and suspect they never went back to it again. Who knows though?

IF THE WORLD

The cool 1990's trip hop inspired track that never got the love it deserved. For the most part this is better than the album version. It's not Estranged, but it's great.

MUSTACHE

Very cool album rocker. Did they go back to it and finish it? Almost certainly got a name change.

QUICKSONG

It's a cool rocker that they very likely finished off later on. I prefer the Buckethead version though, simply due to this one sounding way too much like Teen Spirit (that riff). They never would have got away with just adding vocals then releasing this one without lots of questions.

ZODIAC 13

The more I listen, the more I like. This isn't Elvis tier, but it's big rock track single tier. This was almost certainly finished with vocals. Will we ever hear it though?

TONTO

Another album cool rocker that was supposedly finished and on the 2010 album if you believe msl.

REAL DOLL.com

1990's Hip Hop inspired with guitar. Given its structure, it's very hard to tell how this turned out. That's of course assuming they ever went back to it. I suspect they didn't go back to it. Also, I voted it off.

SHANKLERS REVENGE

The most changed track on the album. I honestly blame the finished product for the album's reviews. Annoying chorus that goes on too long. This version however is pretty cool. James might be right when he questions if that version of the band even recorded that.

I'm SORRY

I like the album version despite the cheesy lyrics, however this instrumentally is just so much heavier. It's pretty strong.

Sky Dog wrote:

Forgot Tonto! I voted off Shanklers.

Sky Dog wrote:

I like the album version of Sorry too! The only cringeworthy line is the “ill kick your ass” line but compared to Get in the Ring it is tame on the cringeworthy scale. Aye.

AtariLegend wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Forgot Tonto!

Ooooops.

The thing with Tonto is that the first mention of it was on msl's supposed track listing for the 2010 album. His track record of nonsense is strong, but Tonto probably was finished.

There was probably 4 extra guitarists added to it though.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

PRL. I just don't know what it is, honestly. Weird.

Listening to all these again just to refamiliarize myself with them.

Link31
 Rep: 1 

Link31 wrote:

QuickSong sounds nothing like Teen Spirit and this is coming from a Nirvana fan. I Voted PRL.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

First round is easy with PRL...

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:

I'm Sorry is going to win the best track in the end

Board footer